Which brand bottles

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by chippy63, Dec 11, 2015.

1. chippy63

chippy63 Funster

Need to source 2 x 11kg, refillable bottles but looking around prices vary between brands
    Gas it, Gaslow & prakto, not counting the lightweight ones

Looking at fleebay these are the kits for the three brands, are they all essentially the same
    so buy the cheapest?, Or is one better than the other, links below for what i'm after?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prakto-Re...739915?hash=item33a98a380b:g:rPEAAOSwsB9V-Xvc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-M...647033?hash=item2a490454b9:g:bOAAAOSwaNBUjrU3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-gas-i...868397?hash=item3ab80b8eed:g:j4sAAOSwPhdVGO-b

2. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

There are sooo may threads on here ref re-fillables. Just have to search for them. Essentially the set ups are the same, but the bottles are different. If you see the Prakto set up the bottles have 4 holes in them and have better gauge take offs and safety features and comply with the R67 regs required in France, the Gaslow are the same, but much more expensive and could be the material or manufacturing process and the gas it system has only the 2 holes which isn't to the R67 regs and doesn't have an accurate gauge take off etc. You will no doubt get a good split of responses from fit the cheapest all bottles are made in the same factory so are the same etc, to gaslow are R67 and have far better safety features etc. Look at the Autogas 200 website link on the page for the make up of the bottles and on the gas it and gaslow web sites. IMHO for the money and features of safety and R67 compliance the Prakto bottles seem the best. After I have discovered if re-fillables are for me, I will be going for the Prakto set up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Hi Chippy - can't offer any advice on which system as we have only ever used gaslow -
    pm sent
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Also look at Alugas, which I have. Quite a bit lighter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Don't assume that Ebay is necessarily cheaper than buying direct from the seller's website, sometimes it can work out dearer on Ebay!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

The GasLow kit on eBay has an auto changeover and a regulator added which is not nessesary and pushes the price up. 2 x 11kg bottles with a filler and connector about £400 from Hamiltons Gas.