Which Alarm?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Spud, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Spud

Spud Funster

Hi All,

I am going to have an alarm fitted. The choice is between the standard 'Strikeback' and it's various add on's or the 'Strikeback Growler'.

But before I make a final decision I would like bit of feedback from those of you who who have had either of these.

Spud

2. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

Does it depend on the number of external LEDs, whether you desire a gas monitor option, if you want a lifetime warranty or, most importantly, the level of hearing loss you wish to inflict on any would be intruder given the 3 external and 2 internal sirens (I think?) on the Growler? ;) :)

I am no expert and can't speak from experience just yet, but I am booked in tomorrow for a Strikeback system installation, Vanbitz kindly found (engineered) a slot in their busy workshop schedule for us before we go to France, so we're very very thankful to the team there! (y)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. carolyn

carolyn Funster

We have just had the strikeback growler fitted by the lovely team at Vanbitz so ably led by Lyn, I like the idea of inflicting discomfort on nasty people who try to get in my van. We thought it well worth the extra. We also have the self monitoring tracker thingy. The LED lights are tiny but very bright, we had the option of a switch to dim them to avoid upsetting neighbours if you have them. There is also a switch to turn off the "sonic" alarm bit when you are inside the van at night. Go mad, buy it.

4. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

I like Autowatch system. Find them very reliable compared to others I have had in the past....

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

We've got the Growler as well. The service from Vanbitz is excellent.
    You should speak to @eddievanbitz for the definitive comparison.

6. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

This post is quite apt, as we're booked in at Vanbitz next month and I'm just going through the comparisons now, wondering whether to get the Growler, or have the Strikeback with a couple of additionals to it.
    Please do keep your posts coming to the OP as I'm very interested too. Thanks.

7. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

I was booked in to get standard Strikeback with a few options today, additional locker door, LEDs, maybe rear siren etc. When that was priced up, it wasn't so far away from the full blown Growler, so we went with that instead.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jamwitt

Jamwitt Funster Life Member

Growler(y)

9. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Autowatch for me..got the full motorhome works including fuel cap cover sensor.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fragle

Fragle Funster

Strikeback and growler for us. We are new this year. Been to France 3 times so far and feel very safe at night knowing we have this alarm. Especially using aires. Very happy great sevice and no problems(y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member