Which Aires book?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by errpaul, Jul 30, 2010.

1. errpaul

errpaul Funster

We have been trying to figure out which aires book is best, and reckon it's between
    Guide National Aires Camping Cars
    or
    Le Guide Officiel Aires Camping Car

They're both in french which isn't an issue, but one seems to have more info, whilst the other is apparently easier to use.

Anyone experience of either? Which should we get?

2. sedge

sedge Funster

We have experience of the latter - it's virtually useless, it will show no aire whatsoever in a place where we've been and know there is one or even 2. It's far too busy telling you all about the commercial campsites IMHO. I mean if I want a campsites book, then I'd buy one of them.

I've seen other people using the Guide National and I think it does look a lot better. In fact, I thought that was what we were buying when we bought the other one!

We also have the Vicarious 'All the Aires' which is good - except it is by no means all the aires LOL

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We use a combination of Guide Oficiel (2007 ed), Camperstop Europe (2007 ed) and CC Infos which I have installed on the laptop and have POIs in the Garmin. They all have accurate and less accurate information in them. Of the three, we probably rely most on CC Infos which seems to be the most accurate. We have just bought the German Reisemobil guide to stellplatz, which comprises two volumes: one for Germany and one for the rest of Europe, so there are several French aires in that too. It's no substitute for the French national sources though.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Philip

p.s. we must get some updated copies of the books one day

4. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

We use Vicarious' All (Some lol)The Aires in combination with POI's on my Mio from CC Info. OK in 5 weeks we found that 3 Aires had closed,or rather,had been re-located-but it was no big deal.France Passion also provided a pleasant change from time to time.

Mike.