Wheres Wales!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Frentchy, May 11, 2015.

1. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

Its supposed to be near Chester :unsure:We are coming over to the UK on Thursday for a few days, and will be calling at Chester on Business , does any one know of a decent Brit-Stop near there; and thought we might have time for a quick visit to Wales. Also are there any Meets/Rally's over the coming weekend???

2. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

The Newbury show is on this weekend (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

That looks OK(y) Just to make things easy, do we just turn up when we've found it, or do we have to book? as we're not too sure if we will get back from Leeds until Sunday or Monday.

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. chaser

chaser Funster

There's a park somewhere in Chester , think it's called something like rood end car park where you can park all night, someone else will know better

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

8. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Its the Little Roodee car park, right on the river next to the town centre. Something ridiculous like £1.50 to stay the night.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Newbury is no where near Chester, Chester is about 4 miles from the Welsh Border, from Chester you are 40 minute drive from Llangollen, hour and ten minutes from Anglesey and Snowdonia, 40 minutes from Llandudno /and Conway or just 25 minutes from the Market Town of Mold and Model Ffamau lots of little sites and CLS around and about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

What ever you do don't try Chester Southerly Caravan Park. We went for a nosey last night and was shocked to see hundreds of travellers. Seems they've taken it over.
    The Netherwood Touring Site is on the A41 so it's quite noisy but very nice.
    Chester Lakes looks good : http://www.chesterlakes.co.uk/camping/caravan-pitches.html
    The Roodee is just a large car park by the bridge but it is right on the River Dee and in the centre of Chester, just don't think I'd feel quite safe.

Thanks Antony

• Like Like x 1
  11. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Yes it is a car park but the barriers are locked at 10.30pm until 06.00am in the morning (a notice displays an emergency number if you do need to exit during the night). I've never known a single night where there has not been at least one motorhome parked by the side of the river, very often 3 or 4.

http://www.chestertourist.com/littleroodee.htm

• Like Like x 2
  12. Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

Yes, there's always someone staying there but just a little too exposed for me :cautious:. I prefer the security of a proper site with loads more MH around me for security.

Thanks Antony

• Like Like x 1
  13. Carol

Live only a few miles from the Roudee even so we still use it when we want a night out in Chester, security cameras there and as Paul says gates locked so we feel quite safe, like everywhere you pay your money and take your chance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

That will do use nicely whilst we do our business, and enjoy Chester's night life. Could you give us an addresses for a campsite central to the places of interest you mentioned earlier, I think we will give Newbury a miss this time.

Newbury is no where near Chester, Chester is about 4 miles from the Welsh Border, from Chester you are 40 minute drive from Llangollen, hour and ten minutes from Anglesey and Snowdonia, 40 minutes from Llandudno /and Conway or just 25 minutes from the Market Town of Mold and Model Ffamau lots of little sites and CLS around and about.

15. Pilote87

Pilote87 Funster

I used Little Roodee car park quite a lot when we lived in Northwich, plus a few times since we crossed la Manche. You can find it at GPS 53.184449 N, 2.892703 W (not E), with its entrance on Castle Drive. Have a look at Google Earth for a better idea of its location relative to the river and surrounding roads.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Carol

Hi @Frentchy we are away in the New a Forest at the moment so don't have local sites with me, but it depends if it's Snowdonia there is quite a few sites scattered around there, if you don't mind travelling a hour and a bit from Chester Anglesey is so worth a visit you have a the scenery of Snowdonia in the background and the coast and small Welsh Villages, and lots of campsites around as well as it been quite easy to wild camp there. If you don't want to travel to far from Chester I am sure @paulmold would be able to point you in the way of some around Mold/Ruthin /Denbigh .

Edit, as I have just seen on another post @keith pub stopovers on his signature is worth a look at.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

Thanks all for your input, it looks like we have a sort of plan(y). We are only away for 10 days, and are OK for stopping with family/friends for the weekend at Leeds; Friday and Monday will sort the Business stuff. Then off to Derby too see more Family, so OK there(y). Tuesday should see us in Chester, where we'll stay at Roodee car park (looks very convenient) and sort our business stuff out that is in the Town center,should be done an dusted by mid-day. Then its CHILL-OUT TIME!! We are looking for somewhere with facilities to relax, and give the dogs a run, (we are not ging-gang-gooly campers:)) (I'll check-out your links Carol thanks for them) We have to be at Dover for about 9 ish Friday morning, any one know how long it takes from Wales??

18. Carol

Its 300 Miles from Chester to Dover takes us 7/8 hours. We never travel it on a Friday as it always takes longer.

19. Trixie

Trixie Funster

Roodee car park great for motor homes. £5.80 for the day and £1.50 for 5pm till 9am. Easy stroll into main shops and bars/pubs and views of the river. Hope you enjoy.
    Veronica

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frentchy

Frentchy Funster

Slight hic-up:eek: My camper won't fit on my Nieces drive nr Leeds, does any one know of an Aire near by. (y)