LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm a little embarrassed to be asking this but guess Im not the first or last. Just been away for the night in our (new to us) MH. Arrived back home and went to empty the loo, but theres nothing in it except the blue stuff. There is a little residue lying around but that nowhere adds up to approx 6 Ps plus flushings.

I thought I read in another post somewhere you just needed to open the blade if you wanted a number 2. Obviously I'm wrong, but whered it all go?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just out of curiosity..

The little cupboard outside adjacent to your toilet cubicle..

Open the little door...

Have you got one of these in it... ?????? :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Yep one of those there, but when we remove it theres a little removable compartment as well as another area sodden.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Sounds like the seal neads attention then:Smile:
In the mean time open the flap when using the loo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sounds silly,,, but is it the correct cassette for your unit/toilet..

The other compartment,,,, lost me there.... :RollEyes:

Needs checking and sorting straight away.... if it has been going on for some time your floor could be rotten.. :Blush:

Even with the blade knackered or seals gone,,, your pee should have gone down in the cassette..

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
can i ask what type of toilet you have, is it the bench type or the domestic toilet style, from memory the bench style has a compartment for putting the pink liquid in when flushing (comment about secondary compartment).
Hate to say that if it has leaked and run under the floor you will soon know once you get some heat in there, and yes it will run everywhere also soaking into any wood

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for all your replies. Toilet is a c260. On inspecting the loo I now see that there is no blade on it, theres only the lever to make the top of the cassette open and close so because it was closed I can now see why it never got in. I had thought it was a open /close thing I could see at the bottom on the toilet.
The cassette has an orange extendable handle at the back, whats that for?

We might have been lucky as we have poured a little water in to see where it went and its dripping down the OUTSIDE of this black hose, don't know what the hose is for (maybe heating) but I guess its not sealed properly and that's why its allowed the pee to escape.

Does anyone know if I could unscrew the screws to clean underneath(photo) Is this just a cover, I'm scared to unscrew it incase something falls apart.

Attachments

• P1010720.jpg
    P1010720.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010723.jpg
    P1010723.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Apologies if this has already been posted earlier in the thread, but the Thetford website is an excellent source on instruction and repair manuals. Here is the link to your particular model.
http://www.thetford-europe.com/download-product/c260/

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The extending orange handle you mention is there to be able to wheel the cassette to the emptying point like a shopping trolly.

Having said that I assume both the wheels are fitted to the cassette as it wont fit properly if they are missing.

PS The blade IS the flap that closes of the cassette from the pan and operates from the lever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The extending orange handle you mention is there to be able to wheel the cassette to the emptying point like a shopping trolly.

Having said that I assume both the wheels are fitted to the cassette as it wont fit properly if they are missing.

PS The blade IS the flap that closes of the cassette from the pan and operates from the lever.

Aaah so that's what the orange lever is for. Wont tell you what I thought it might have been for :Smile:

Upvote 0

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Just out of curiosity..

The little cupboard outside adjacent to your toilet cubicle..

Open the little door...

Have you got one of these in it... ?????? :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

:Smile:Mo..........

My toilet cubicle is not big enough to carry a cassette emptying man.

Alan has to do this job:Smile::Smile:

Wish it was:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Mine is the same.
The smaller of the two hoses in the first picture of underneath is where the air comes out from the fan(if fitted,when you press the flush button a picture of a fan lights up). This is meant to be the same as a SOG.
Lookin again at your second picture, I'm not sure you have the fan though. The white oblong flap with a hole on it pops out & there should be a what looks like a white cardboard box under it, lift that out & the fan would be under that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back