wheres my body number ? (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
A few months ago the door on my winnebago closed and locked behind me, spare keys were in the garage many miles away so I broke a small window at the side of the door and with the help of a friend and a broom handle managed to open the door. I called my insurer who called out autoglass who siad it would take a couple of weeks to fit a new pane so would as a temporary measure put in perspex. Now im told the body number is by the drivers seat and even bought a handbook to veryfy this but there is nothing there. Autoglass had a pane shipped from the US via travelworld but it was the double glazing version mine is single, so it went back, several calls later they have said without this number they can do nothing. I then stated but what if someone breaks in through this " temporary measure" and was assured that it would be ok from an insurance point of view. I'de rather not risk it but cant find this damn body number....any ideas ????

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
is it perspex or polycarbonite i bet no one breaks the poly stuff . use poly in most single glazed windows try hitting it with a hammer it dont break.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Have a look in the bedroom wardrobe.. I only discovered mine there recently ..

failing that, check all the internal lockers ..

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi, dont know if this may help but my rv's number is as you say at the side of the drivers seat and also under the bonnet ,pasengers side.on a sticker aprox 2x3 inches good luck. steve:thumb:

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
There is a sticker under the bonnet on the passenger side but it says -
Specific Cruise Systems Inc. SN649143
I presume thats something to do with the cruise control ?
and Ive looked in most of the cupboards and still nothing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back