Where you spending the Heat wave? (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I understand that this weekend is going to be a heat wave with temps in the low 30s, phew,,,

Me Ive got 3 days off but am reliably informed that my services are required to carry out DIY disasters, weed killing with my new knap sack spray gun,,,:Eeek: and what ever other tasks Mrs haganap finds me. :cry-smile:

running 7 miles on Sunday, so will be off early before it gets too hot,.

So if you aint already doing it, what are you up too and anybody want to come and do my garden? :helptitanic:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Looking after a house full of guests and a site full of caravans.

Good for business..........but all this work really does make Jack a dull boy :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Back garden with plenty of crushed ice for drinks :thumb:When board/ bored ? I may pull / poison a weed or too :ROFLMAO: F1 on Sunday so will give the sunbeds a break for a couple of hours :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Last night we got back from our month touring around Scotland so this weekend will be spent cleaning the motorhome, also got to service the fridge, gave us a spot of bother whilst using it on gas, I`m certain Chris also has a list of jobs to keep Rob from getting into trouble.:thumb:

Took us over an hour to unpack it, didn`t know we carried so much stuff.. phew...:whatthe:

Fingers crossed for that sunshine we didn`t really see much whilst up in the highlands, but what a stunning place, definitely going back. :thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
but what a stunning place, definitely going back. :thumb:

You have been bitten by the highland bug.

AS to what I am doing the best thing for this weather nothing, and lots of it.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We are off to Sweethope Lough CL in Northumberland, not too far from where the manhunt is taking place. You never know we could come home £10k better off ::bigsmile: oh, oh, or not come back at all :Eeek:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
We are off to Sweethope Lough CL in Northumberland, not too far from where the manhunt is taking place. You never know we could come home £10k better off ::bigsmile: oh, oh, or not come back at all :Eeek:

I tell you what, Im not a shirker, especially in my job over the years, but if he comes any where near me, I am just going to hope hes not gay, and throw Nikki at him :winky:

A huge beast of a man with steroid induced strength, I would have to use all my magic powers to tame him....:helpsos::pray:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
In France :thumb:

us to:thumb:

unfortuanatly have to work the weekend on call so hope its quiet
Sunday wind down, watch grand prix - footy drive to dover late sunday
hope the sun keeps going for a couple of more weeks, Luverly:Cool::Cool:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I tell you what, Im not a shirker, especially in my job over the years, but if he comes any where near me, I am just going to hope hes not gay, and throw Nikki at him :winky:

A huge beast of a man with steroid induced strength, I would have to use all my magic powers to tame him....:helpsos::pray:

I think that if he appeared you'd see an Autotrail Cheyenne doing wheelies going in the opposite direction :Eeek:

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Sitting watching the rain tip it down :Sad::Sad::Sad:
Hope you all run out of ice for the drinks :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Garden (with beer and barbi) and F1:thumb:

Funny thing all this recent sport and the 'British/English' failures etc, F1, British team with two Brit drivers sharing the top spots in the championship with the team themselves charging ahead in the team championship, doesn't get much mention does it?

Maurice & Val

Free Member
Jul 4, 2010
Hornsea, East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25+ years
Garden (with beer and barbi) and F1:thumb:

Funny thing all this recent sport and the 'British/English' failures etc, F1, British team with two Brit drivers sharing the top spots in the championship with the team themselves charging ahead in the team championship, doesn't get much mention does it?

People would rather watch men kicking a bag of wind around a field than see cars going too fast smash into each other (you can see that anytime on the motorways now that all the cops are off up to Northumberland for a jolly)

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We're off to Bawdsey Quay tonight, nice cool breeze coming off the river/sea, a few ciders, so if any funsters from Suffolk would like to come down and share our hospitality your welcome

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
well we will be starting it off with a hawaiian theme party tonight at my friends daughters 21st hope there no young girls in the grass skirts and coconut shell bras .

Then on sat barring a hangover we will be packing motorhome for our trip to lake garda on monday. Inbetween all that we will be cleaning house as we have sold it and new owners move in on the 23rd while we are on holiday so better get it all clean so when they move in they will also clean it :ROFLMAO:

Apart from that just a normal weekend :ROFLMAO:

Gerry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We arnt away this weekend . Isabel's going to a 13th birthday sleepover . So that throws a spanner in the works.

So I'm going to sort out my knotted daffodils ( which are now brown and crispy ) in the garden , and getting my hair cut :roflmto:

Ralph's going to sort out the swiveling tap , and top up his batteries (Trojan ) in the MH , and get his hair cut too.

Jacob is off to Ilkley ,Denby Dale , and where ever else he can get to with his friend
( not my girlfriend :Blush:, just a friend , stop asking )
on the trains with a day rover.:Doh:

Isaac is going to the skate board park , then probably spending the rest of the time on Call of duty , till I drag him off it.

Ralph and I are going to our village w.m.c club tonight for a few bevies , then out for a meal tomorrow night with our friends to Bollywood lounge.
Thank goodness there wont be a big screen playing football , tomorrow night, like last time we were there :thumb:
Bev

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We are going to Swindon with our friends from Swift Owners , plenty of Sun & Booze :thumb:

See you Wednesday Paul & Nikki :thumb:
Ash ..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
At home, keeping warm in the polytunnel:Smile:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Sitting watching the rain tip it down :Sad::Sad::Sad:
Hope you all run out of ice for the drinks :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
I'm with you on that one - although I keep thinking that if it's bad weather this weekend, then it will be fine next weekend when we go away:Smile:

Phil

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Heading down to the South coast to visit my parents and get that cooler sea air :Smile:

Watching the Grand Prix on Sunday will be the priority!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Love to come and help out in the garden Paul but find myself in Portugal at the moment.

You think you have it hot... I understand it reached 50 C in the Alentejo yesterday.

I have a little work to do but then might be in Quinta Majay for Sunday slaving away with an industrial style strimmer...

JJ

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We are now in Vacaville, California and it's going to be 95 degrees today, cool for us, we just drove the western half of Route 66 and on the Arizona/California border it was 111 degrees with a strong wind, just like standing in front of a hairdryer. Spending time this weekend with friends before heading off north to Alaska. Should be a bit cooler up there.
Nigel and Pamala

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have fun - Hope you guys are taking plenty of photos to make us oh-so-jealous on your return.

We are now in Vacaville, California and it's going to be 95 degrees today, cool for us, we just drove the western half of Route 66 and on the Arizona/California border it was 111 degrees with a strong wind, just like standing in front of a hairdryer. Spending time this weekend with friends before heading off north to Alaska. Should be a bit cooler up there.
Nigel and Pamala

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
sitting with my feet down the loo to keep cool (we cant afford a pool)

then baby sitting sunday (+ over night) my two grandsons 6 months and 4 months

help

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
thanks for making my weekend:thumb:
im am going to work saturday
8 an half hours in the sun in sweaty uniform
in the tranny van without air con:Angry:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Daughters and 1 partner coming to stay and going to my niece's wedding tomorrow .

Picking the blackcurrants the blackbirds have graciously left me on Sunday.

Need to finish staining the garden furniture but it will be too hot...I hope!
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back