Where would you live?

Discussion in 'How To' started by BillyS, May 7, 2014.

1. BillyS

BillyS Funster

Given a choice, if you could live elsewhere, where would you live, and why? This can either be in the UK, or anywhere, worldwide. I always fancied either Canada or New Zealand, mainly for the beauty of those 2 countries, not to mention the miles and miles of unspoilt landscapes.
    What is your ideal place, or country to live? :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

More than happy living in Norfolk. It's just a shame my neighbours are awful.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

I would like to live on an island with just myself and a few friends.

It would need to be safe waters and warm enough to swim in all year round.

Plenty of warm sunshine with a machine that I pushed a button on so that it could rain or snow only on demand

• Like Like x 4
  4. Steve

Steve Funster Life Member

Thats what they said

• Like Like x 5
  5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

If I could live anywhere it would be the UK, BUT with lovely Spring slowly turning into a glorious Summer followed by Autumn with the beautiful changeling Colours, then I would be quite happy to have a Snowy Winter.

The Climate would be just enough rain, sun that you can walk out in, warm breezes, and very little pollution.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Found our little bit of heaven! Two years down the line and still feel the same way!:thumb:

• Like Like x 9
  7. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

Exactly where we do.
    Stratford on Avon:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. carolyn

carolyn Funster

I like where we are as well but in the future we might move but would always want to be within a few hours travel time of the children. Obviously if they are scattered far and wide we would just have to force ourselves to travel more. I do like Europe for the variety and ease of travel.

9. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

I love Dorset but if the opportunity came up to go to Canada I would definitely give a thought or two:BigGrin:

10. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Happy to stay her in Chester and travel to all those other places we like to enjoy so much.:thumb:

11. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I've lived in Bridgnorth for 25 years and it's still like being on holiday.

The fact that there are 28 pubs within staggering distance helps :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 6
  12. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

I love living in the UK, it's my home and I can't want for anything more it's gorgeous.

Last weekend Nikki and I were in the High peak and saw a beautiful piece of heaven for sale for £465000 and thought how nice it would be to move there. But, then when I think of it, I am actually living there, well for that weekend anyway and next weekend? well Ill be living somewhere different.

As to moving abroad? we have visited France 40-50 times by now and we love it and there's always something we haven't seen.

I love New York too but Im a bit too old for that now I love Canada and would give that a try for a couple of years but Nikki wouldn't so thats a no go.

Other places? Prague, Hungary, Bulgaria, Germany (love Dresden) but I can live there anytime with the MH.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

New Zealand, spent three months there and loved every minute, nice peaple, and not a lot of them, great scenery, great surf,good hot rod scene, and some great house trucks. :thumb:

14. sedge

sedge Funster

England but probably not exactly in this particular house or location.

It's nice, but there is 'nicer' in many places ! But it would have to be pretty special to make it worthwhile considering.

In younger days I wanted old, with exposed beans, log fires etc. Many of my friends had much more money, live in lovely places, money no object so everything that needed sorting got sorted. But when it's old it's like the firth of Forth bridge - something almost always needed attention, and even when it didn't the spiders still kept on coming and spinning webs!

Our place fitted the bill at the time, it was adapted accordingly; there is no partic pressing reason to move and anywhere you go there will be costs, drawbacks etc along with the positives.

15. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Pembrokeshire, in a house right next to the sea.

Like my brother does:Angry::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mastercamper

Mastercamper Read Only Funster

It is so good here in Northumberland, that I sometimes wonder why I own a campervan! Except that I can visit north West Scotland, and the Western Isles.
    I have lived in Shropshire (twice) Cheshire (Twice), Lancashire, Anglesey, Scottish Borders and here in Gods County.
    Everywhere is wonderful and every where has it`s own appeal.
    I just hope that I can live long enough to enjoy whatever or wherever.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Some where more rural like Yorkshire dales . I would buy one of the park homes like they have at Newbury and put on a plot in a quiet place, like the middle of nowhere .No decorating etc as it would come all done. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Somewhere not far from a lovely beach, where the summers are warm, beautiful views and lots of wildlife.......

......anyone living in a place like this need a part-time housekeeper or would even be a gardener....:Sad:..... or a secretary :Sad:..... or a fund-raiser :Sad:..... or willing to try new skills like bee keeping, window cleaning, .. sigh

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

Close enough, when you moving in?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Were happy in the house we have where we live:thumb:
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side IMO.
    We actually went through the visa process to emigrate to Australia about 7 years ago. Obtaining a full permenant residency visa.
    Then before we sorted out the container company , the old house was already up for sale under offer. We went on a 3 week recci in a campervan travelling to a different part of South oz every other day.
    Just the two of us. No kids. No holiday head on. We didn't stroke koalas , swim with dolphins or anything touristy.
    Just met up with expats and locals , In the building trade. Had a few bbqs , meets in pubs which we' d arranged on the forum we were on. Pomsinadelaide and Adelaidebrits , listened to how they spent their free time. Talked about wages jobs schools , health care , crime etc.
    Then not even half way through the trip, decided we were better off in Britain.
    We carried on touring and meeting people thinking we might change our minds, but we didn't.
    We came home, went through with the sale of the house, bought the house we live in now , in the same village but different side.
    Were so glad we didn't make the move. All but 3 families out of the 14 families we made friends with on the forum are back in Britain. One is out there " one life living it" one went to New Zealand the other family can't afford to come back.
    The only thing Oz had to offer us that was better than we have now was wall to wall sunshine.
    But, i do think if we had no ties with the 3 teenage kids work , we may have moved to North Yorkshire . Because we love so many villages there. But we can visit when ever we want with the Motorhome .:thumb: