Where Winter Tyres are needed (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/winter-tyres/laws-and-legislation

Some people are unsure where you have to have winter tyres
Thought a reminder is needed :thumb:

we fitted winter tyres/wheels to our cmax last year, midd november to early march march time. My wife who drives that car on manly B roads From Doncaster to Barnsley daily early morning and evening says they helped traction on ice and snow, so what it says on the tin really, getting ready to fit them back on again soon.:thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
this may seem like a daft question...BUT

Could changing the tyres from the ones specified by the manufacturer (either the base vehicle or the converter) give an insurance company the angle to claim its a mod???

just curious given some of the posts on what insurance companies have tried to get away with or say in their blurb on the policy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
this may seem like a daft question...BUT

Could changing the tyres from the ones specified by the manufacturer (either the base vehicle or the converter) give an insurance company the angle to claim its a mod???

just curious given some of the posts on what insurance companies have tried to get away with or say in their blurb on the policy

Good piont I should have said I'd thought of that last year, it took me quit a while to speak to somebody at my insurance who understood what I was doing, after a lot of head banging I got them to understand, they said it had been noted on my policey details and futher notifacation was not nesserecery, so I dont have to ring them each time we change them.

edit:
But if I change insurance companys I would allways notify them

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
There was a lot of publicity a year or two ago following reports that people were having an increase in premiums imposed when having winter tyres fitted. Bottom line: There is no need to tell your insurance company, and even if you did, there should ceertainly be no increase in premum.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back