Where Winter Tyres are needed

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mavis, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Mavis

Mavis Funster

2. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

we fitted winter tyres/wheels to our cmax last year, midd november to early march march time. My wife who drives that car on manly B roads From Doncaster to Barnsley daily early morning and evening says they helped traction on ice and snow, so what it says on the tin really, getting ready to fit them back on again soon.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. bungy

bungy Funster

this may seem like a daft question...BUT

Could changing the tyres from the ones specified by the manufacturer (either the base vehicle or the converter) give an insurance company the angle to claim its a mod???

just curious given some of the posts on what insurance companies have tried to get away with or say in their blurb on the policy

• Like Like x 1
  4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

Good piont I should have said I'd thought of that last year, it took me quit a while to speak to somebody at my insurance who understood what I was doing, after a lot of head banging I got them to understand, they said it had been noted on my policey details and futher notifacation was not nesserecery, so I dont have to ring them each time we change them.

edit:
    But if I change insurance companys I would allways notify them

5. Campercaillie

Campercaillie Read Only Funster

There was a lot of publicity a year or two ago following reports that people were having an increase in premiums imposed when having winter tyres fitted. Bottom line: There is no need to tell your insurance company, and even if you did, there should ceertainly be no increase in premum.