Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Right, this year we're DEFINATELY doing it! We're buying an elecy bike for wifey ready to take to Spain next winter.
Been thinking about it for a while now but one of the things that puts me off is finding someone that will actually allow you to try before you buy. Everyone we've asked (granted not that many) has said the same thing, "sorry we don't have a demo bike".
No way am I spending a grand without trying first. Lots of post say try before you buy, but who's actually managed it when buying new and where?
North west for the next 3 weeks would help, after that Ayrshire/Glasgow for the rest of the year.

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
but who's actually managed it when buying new and where?

Apologies if this reply is way too late for you, only just found it whilst trawling the forum; OnBike at Worcester, (www.onbike.co.uk) is not a huge shop but the manager, Martin, has excellent knowledge and good customer skills.
We recently put a deposit on two 'collapsable' (not folding) E-Bikes with a projected delivery from Germany of about 6 weeks because they are built to order.
We were able to test ride the bike with no pressure or commitment to purchase beforehand.
The only painful bit......is the price of these things!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
A bit short sighted not being able to try out. Before we bought our elecy bikes we visited a few shops and each one insisted we try them out. They all had a different feel to them, so glad we had the chance to try before you buy.

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Appologies chaps for not replying sooner, I don't tend to get on here as much anymore.
Many thanks for the replies, we ended up getting a Whisper 705SE.
Not top of the range or all singing all dancing but wifey was comfortable on it and it has the throttle start she needed so happy.
Got it from a place near Chester FairOaks and paid just shy of 1K..........that's the ouch bit for me!
Must admit that even with elecy assistance, she's struggled a bit on steep hills so I've re-geared it by changing the chainwheel from the frankly ridiculous 54 down to a 46 so that should help her........we'll see.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Appologies chaps for not replying sooner, I don't tend to get on here as much anymore.
Many thanks for the replies, we ended up getting a Whisper 705SE.
Not top of the range or all singing all dancing but wifey was comfortable on it and it has the throttle start she needed so happy.
Got it from a place near Chester FairOaks and paid just shy of 1K..........that's the ouch bit for me!
Must admit that even with elecy assistance, she's struggled a bit on steep hills so I've re-geared it by changing the chainwheel from the frankly ridiculous 54 down to a 46 so that should help her........we'll see.

Hope she's adjusted by now. We've got two Freego Hawks...they are fantastic. We tried loads of e-bikes before we settled on these 2. Going uphill is a doddle for me....less so for my hubby who is a tad heavier:ROFLMAO: but then downhill he leaves me way behind:D We had to have a new bike carrier on the MH as the 2 bike carrier on there was too narrow to take them comfortably. That's now done and all set up for our winter trip to Spain a week next Sunday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Harrysp

Free Member
Oct 5, 2017
Funster No
Hope she's adjusted by now. We've got two Freego Hawks...they are fantastic. We tried loads of e-bikes before we settled on these 2. Going uphill is a doddle for me....less so for my hubby who is a tad heavier:ROFLMAO: but then downhill he leaves me way behind:D We had to have a new bike carrier on the MH as the 2 bike carrier on there was too narrow to take them comfortably. That's now done and all set up for our winter trip to Spain a week next Sunday.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

Bought Mrs. TM's first bike from them. They had demo bikes we could try out around the town. We decided against the smaller wheeled bike in favour of the Juicy Bike traditional.

She used it for one trip to the south of France.

Then it was stolen.

They stole it without the battery and when found, was traced back to us as I had rang Rob at the bike shop to tell him. Police rang him and was traced back to us.

Shame they had smashed the bike up mind.

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Try Halfords. Their Carrera crossfire e-bike with full hydraulic disc brakes is an amazing bargain. My wife uses hers daily to get to work and absolutely loves it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back