Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All,
We are heading to Benidorm early March for a few days and would be grateful for any advice on where to stay. we would like easy access to the town and night life possible ( just to see what it is like). From other threads i see that funsters stay at Villasol, La torreta and Camping Raco.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

We were then heading to Barcelona but not so sure now given the possibility of being robbed or rammed. May fly there later in the year instead.

Thank you

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Hi All,
We are heading to Benidorm early March for a few days and would be grateful for any advice on where to stay. we would like easy access to the town and night life possible ( just to see what it is like). From other threads i see that funsters stay at Villasol, La torreta and Camping Raco.

We were then heading to Barcelona but not so sure now given the possibility of being robbed or rammed. May fly there later in the year instead.

Thank you
I wouldn't let stories of robberies put you off,think the likelihood is very remote.We are off to Benidorm in a couple of weeks and hoping to stay here http://www.camping-capblanch.com/

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All,

Thank you

We spent a month at Villasol last Dec/Jan and thoroughly enjoyed it-walked into town most days and found it easy (Carolyn has a new knee and I was awaiting disc fusion surgery at the time )

With regard to Barcelona-however you get there there are risks ::bigsmile:
You just need to be vigilant and carefull-we had a week there before we had a Motorhome and had no problems.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
.We are off to Benidorm in a couple of weeks and hoping to stay here http://www.camping-capblanch.com/

A word of warning - it doesn't look like it does in the photos! Full of full time permanent vans, weird bottle art everywhere (litter made pretty!) and hardly any English whatsoever. Very scruffy indeed. The location is fantastic but the beach is all stones. Hopefully some of those funsters out in beni now may have some comments but I've been there twice to have a look and was not made to feel welcome and was glad to leave! The bars and restaurants on the front aren't all that - but those in Albir town are great and only a bus ride from Beni itself!
Purely my opinion of course - but the main beni sites mentioned are the place to be really:thumb:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
A word of warning - it doesn't look like it does in the photos! Full of full time permanent vans, weird bottle art everywhere (litter made pretty!) and hardly any English whatsoever. Very scruffy indeed. The location is fantastic but the beach is all stones. Hopefully some of those funsters out in beni now may have some comments but I've been there twice to have a look and was not made to feel welcome and was glad to leave! The bars and restaurants on the front aren't all that - but those in Albir town are great and only a bus ride from Beni itself!
Purely my opinion of course - but the main beni sites mentioned are the place to be really:thumb:
Thanks for that,never stayed in Benidorm with the MH before so welcome any advice,we did look at nearly all the other sites on "street view"and they didn't seem to be within walking distance,but maybe we were wrong,our next choice was Villasol,what do you think?

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Have to agree with Dave on Cap Blanch. I've never come across miserable Dutch campers before; there are plenty at CB. As has been said it appears to be occupied by mainly long termers so if you're only there for a few weeks you get a pitch on the perimeter of the site, which can be adjacent a main road. However, the site's in a lovely location right on the beach. Plenty of bar/restaurant choices in Albir. You can also get the train into Benidorm, or several other places up and down the coast.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
This is our second visit to Villasol, Benidorm. We arrived here mid December and will be here until the end of February. We find that Villasol is in an ideal location for us, the shops and bars are within walking distance if you have no mobility problems. The facilities at Villasol are very good and the pitches are of a good size. There is a friendly atmosphere around the site, the only downside to some is that the site is not pet friendly.

Brisey.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Hi All,

Thank you

Ive not stayed in Raco but have stayed in the Hotrl Deloix just over the road.
I heard the same people own the Deloix and El Raco.
Spent an afternoon wandering around the campsite and chatted to lot of happy brits. Its a longisg......say 20 min walk to the beach.....but a nice cycle ride on a cycle path..and regular buses into tow. A nice indoor swimming pool
onsite shop but restaurants and supermarkets very close.

As for Barcelona....you dont have to go that way.....you can go to Rouen/ Le mans/ south to Biarritz and across spain via Pamplona and Zaragoza and across to valencia..........a nice route I did last year and I doubt much longer.

barry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Closest to the Rincon is La Toretta. Next door to Benidorm Palace. All restaurants, bars etc are within 200 yards. Excellent wifi and decent rates for camping compared with many others. We have been there since November, so I think that says it all. My pitch even comes with its own garden gnomes.

Attachments

• Shifty 001.jpg
    Shifty 001.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 60
  • La Toretta 002.jpg
    La Toretta 002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 58
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Cap Blanch is running down. However the Dutch are great, very friendly and warming.
The camp site owners do not support the camp site activities and this is organised with great success by ...... the Dutch.
I recommend Villasol.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Wot Brisey said!!! Villasol is great but no dogs allowed! Think we will stay on Raco when we go.
If you're not fussed about being on top of the town have a look at Almafra - out of town but a ten minute trip on the no.10 bus! Fab pool bar and restaurant and loads of those bloody Brits !!! A very friendly site. :thumb:

OP
OP
T
Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you, thank you all for your comments and advice. Most helpful.
Isn't it great that we have this website forum for exchange of information so thanks also to the people who put this together and make it work.
Just flown home from Los madrilles where we met up with other funsters with whom we had previously exchanged info on this forum and look forward to meeting others in Benidorm when we fly back to spain to continue our journey in early March.
Cheers

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks for that,never stayed in Benidorm with the MH before so welcome any advice,we did look at nearly all the other sites on "street view"and they didn't seem to be within walking distance,but maybe we were wrong,our next choice was Villasol,what do you think?

Some of the best beaches in SPAIN....:Smile:BUSBY...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Ive not stayed in Raco but have stayed in the Hotrl Deloix just over the road.
I heard the same people own the Deloix and El Raco.
Spent an afternoon wandering around the campsite and chatted to lot of happy brits. Its a longisg......say 20 min walk to the beach.....but a nice cycle ride on a cycle path..and regular buses into tow. A nice indoor swimming pool
onsite shop but restaurants and supermarkets very close.

As for Barcelona....you dont have to go that way.....you can go to Rouen/ Le mans/ south to Biarritz and across spain via Pamplona and Zaragoza and across to valencia..........a nice route I did last year and I doubt much longer.

barry

Whats all this with Barcelona,,,people are making out its like Beirut. Been many times,,never had a problem..Mind you we dont walk around wearing expensive watches and jewelry or cameras and designer clothes. As any where just be vigilant..BUSBY:winky:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Wot Brisey said!!! Villasol is great but no dogs allowed! Think we will stay on Raco when we go.
If you're not fussed about being on top of the town have a look at Almafra - out of town but a ten minute trip on the no.10 bus! Fab pool bar and restaurant and loads of those bloody Brits !!! A very friendly site. :thumb:

I will second that...Lovely site...BUSBY::bigsmile:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Beni's a terrible place. Full of people who only speak English and get drunk all the time, oh crap that's me!! The weather is horrible, it's warm and sunny and you might actually have to eat foreign food. The Netherlanders are plentiful and are really happy friendly people.

Just watch out for those vans with yellow smiley stickers. They are bad influences. Oh crap, that's me again.

Come to Benidorm at your peril:ROFLMAO:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Thank you, thank you all for your comments and advice. Most helpful.
Isn't it great that we have this website forum for exchange of information so thanks also to the people who put this together and make it work.
Just flown home from Los madrilles where we met up with other funsters with whom we had previously exchanged info on this forum and look forward to meeting others in Benidorm when we fly back to spain to continue our journey in early March.
Cheers
I agree,thanks for the advice :)

Nettie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2014
Brean Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E769
Exp
Since 2010

We stayed in Almafra over the New Year and found that it was great for a walk into Alti. It is close to the train station so easy to take a trip into Benidorm. We have an American RV so Almafra was the closest site that we could get to.
No problem with the dogs either.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Whats all this with Barcelona,,,people are making out its like Beirut. Been many times,,never had a problem..Mind you we dont walk around wearing expensive watches and jewelry or cameras and designer clothes. As any where just be vigilant..BUSBY:winky:

The OP was concerned about Barcelona.I quite like the place..but suggested what for me is a preferable route to benidorm.
Barcelona is known as a hot spot for pickpockets and general scum...and the main roads around it do have a greater than average concentration of home grown and eastern european con men.
But things are a lot better now anyway and I think anyone has a good 50% chance of getting round Barcelona without being raped or robbed at all.:Smile:

Last time I went to Spain last year I only got my tyre spiked once !

barry

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
Hi
Camping Raco is Superb, Gets my vote everytime :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
benidorm is great ignor all the scare stories like was said its as bad as anywhere else we have never had a problem there
capblanc is a s**thole me and pete (knuckledragger) stopped there after benicassim and stayed 1 night it really is a dusty hole although u cant fault the outside olong the front which is beautiful
but anywhere apart from the larger sites in beni will sometimes resemble cardboard city
armerello in july was great in jan it would be dire same as benisol but raco and villasol are good all year round but raco is the more expensive unless you are staying for more than 30days then its cheaper than villasol steve and jackie walked from raco to masymas supermarket and its around 5mins longer than villasol but also remember what u pay on sites in beni u will get back from the cheaper prices in the bars and restaurants so just go and enjoy :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
The OP was concerned about Barcelona.I quite like the place..but suggested what for me is a preferable route to benidorm.
Barcelona is known as a hot spot for pickpockets and general scum...and the main roads around it do have a greater than average concentration of home grown and eastern european con men.
But things are a lot better now anyway and I think anyone has a good 50% chance of getting round Barcelona without being raped or robbed at all.:Smile:

Last time I went to Spain last year I only got my tyre spiked once !

barry

you can say the same about london but i have never had any problem there and the same at barcelona :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back