Where to stick your Beam Bender! (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have been trawling the Internet trying to find if the Renault Master (we have a Bentley Motorhome) or the Vauxhall Movano (same headlight assembly) had beam benders. I came up blank speaking to Renault and Vauxhall dealers.

I then found this http://www.travelspot.co.uk/download/travel-spot-latest-vehicle-listing.pdf which lists all the models, including the Movano and the Master.

I am now trying to download the 2nd sheet which shows where to stick them, but I think it will be a case of 'buy them first'!

Ginny

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
The sticky things? (I know--I'm so technical!!)

I was told to park vehicle facing a wall, fence or garage door. When dark, put headlamps on. By looking on garage door, wall, whatever you will see where brightest spot is and that's where you stick the sticky thing. You can practice first with a bit of paper and blue tac.

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
Page 2

Hi Ginny, If you PM me your email I'll scan and send you page two.......If you can work out which one fits yours can you let me know, as I haven't been able to work it out :Eeek:
I didn't fit mine last year as I never seemed to drive in the dark while in France

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You wont find a diagram showing where to stick your beam benders. Its not hard to figure out.
Hollyberry's method is sound but if you don't want to do that just play around with them before you stick them on.
Jim
:Smile:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
I have been trawling the Internet trying to find if the Renault Master (we have a Bentley Motorhome) or the Vauxhall Movano (same headlight assembly) had beam benders. I came up blank speaking to Renault and Vauxhall dealers.

I then found this http://www.travelspot.co.uk/download/travel-spot-latest-vehicle-listing.pdf which lists all the models, including the Movano and the Master.

I am now trying to download the 2nd sheet which shows where to stick them, but I think it will be a case of 'buy them first'!

Ginny

Suggest you pm Wiljoy as he seems to have had a good response from someone at Renault
see post Renault beam benders i have bumped it back up for your benefit:thumb:

Regards Steve

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Beam Benders

Be patient Teasy I have a set on route from Renault in France. Should be here early next week. This follows my lengthy emails with a very helpful lady at Renault Customer Services. I will contact you as soon as they arrive and let you know part number etc. In the past I have made these myself out of non corrosive vinyl.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have had a long conversation with a Vauxhall parts manager, who has spoken to Renault.

Apparently there are 3 lights in the headlight assembly so it is not possible to block the beam with one beam bender.

I look forward to hearing from Wilfjoy to see what information he has received, but the wisdom from the Renault man my friend spoke to was - dont travel in the dark and fit a universal beam bender - that way if you are stopped you will at least be seen to be trying to comply with the law!!!

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back