Where to stay overnight at Poole? (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Strange as it sounds....sandbanks is a ferry ride from Studland. Are you just reading the favorable parts. Still not found out the time the first ferry leaves Studland side. Any ideas.
Not entirely sure what your point is. First ferry is 7am, getting you to sandbanks at 7:05 ish arrive at port at 7:15 leaving 30 mins leeway for the 7:45 arrival.
However, you have successfully diverted attention away from your assertion that one should leave at 6am to arrive at the port for an 8:30 sailing, which you claim you didn't say, even though I quoted you.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
No doable 22 minutes in heavy traffic but at that time in the morning 17 minutes. But anyway I've told the op a much nicer place to park for the night (y)
Indeed you have, clearly @buttons has never experienced the heavy traffic that occurs early in Sandbanks. I have frequently been delayed for literally seconds whilst I wait to pass someone out on their morning bike ride. In fact once I had to wait nearly 30 seconds whilst the milk float passed by a junction! :D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not entirely sure what your point is. First ferry is 7am, getting you to sandbanks at 7:05 ish arrive at port at 7:15 leaving 30 mins leeway for the 7:45 arrival.
However, you have successfully diverted attention away from your assertion that one should leave at 6am to arrive at the port for an 8:30 sailing, which you claim you didn't say, even though I quoted you.
Not a good looser then DannyF.:)
Onward and upwards............:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Not a good looser then DannyF.:)
Onward and upwards............:cool:
What's a looser? Best I can guess is that it is someone who releases the clay pigeons at a shoot? Or someone who undoes knots for a living?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
And my first husband and I have queued in very long lines both sides waiting to get on one, and we have been there at Sandbanks waiting for them to arrive to man it, whilst the shop sorted and gave the papers to the paper boys and eventually opened up, the first boat had gone across to Brownsea Island -and the crew had still not got there.

Someone was ill, they got replacements - and they got stuck in traffic!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back