Where to stay between Coventry and Stoke?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Thepips, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Hi,
    After Stoneleigh show we're heading up to Stoke to have Muriel fitted with an A-Frame. We're looking for a pleasant site for a few days somewhere along the M42-M5-M6 capable of taking a 34 foot RV.
    Anyone got any personal recommendations?

Many thanks
    Doug

2. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Not an area very well served with 'big' pitches - but you could try Severn gorge Caravan Park - Severn Gorge Park or High Onn Caravan Club Site (members only) (No toilet Block and not an easy route in) or maybe a bit high up - Uttoxeter Racecourse caravan Club Site

3. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Thanks Dick,
    I doubt we'll go back to Severn Gorge, I thought it was pretty spartan for the money. Might try High Onn though.

Regards
    Doug

4. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

I live close to Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke.
    There used to be a large park area for caravans and mh's at Trentham but it seems thats now closed.

There is small village next to the one i live (approx 10 miles from Stoke) which a few motorhome folk use at weekends. Its only a carpark area to the village hall but your rv would get on it ok.

Let me know if you are still looking and i will try and find some other places for you. You would be more than welcome to park up in my driveway which is about 60ft long.....but probably not wide enough for your rv!

5. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Many thanks for the info and the offer. It's really appreciated but I know Barbara wouldn't be happy if it wasn't a camp site or organised rally. We'll keep looking.

Regards
    Doug