Where to stay between Coventry and Stoke? (1 Viewer)

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi,
After Stoneleigh show we're heading up to Stoke to have Muriel fitted with an A-Frame. We're looking for a pleasant site for a few days somewhere along the M42-M5-M6 capable of taking a 34 foot RV.
Anyone got any personal recommendations?

Many thanks
Doug

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Not an area very well served with 'big' pitches - but you could try Severn gorge Caravan Park - Severn Gorge Park or High Onn Caravan Club Site (members only) (No toilet Block and not an easy route in) or maybe a bit high up - Uttoxeter Racecourse caravan Club Site

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Not an area very well served with 'big' pitches - but you could try Severn gorge Caravan Park - Severn Gorge Park or High Onn Caravan Club Site (members only) (No toilet Block and not an easy route in) or maybe a bit high up - Uttoxeter Racecourse caravan Club Site

Thanks Dick,
I doubt we'll go back to Severn Gorge, I thought it was pretty spartan for the money. Might try High Onn though.

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi,
After Stoneleigh show we're heading up to Stoke to have Muriel fitted with an A-Frame. We're looking for a pleasant site for a few days somewhere along the M42-M5-M6 capable of taking a 34 foot RV.
Anyone got any personal recommendations?

Many thanks
Doug
I live close to Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke.
There used to be a large park area for caravans and mh's at Trentham but it seems thats now closed.

There is small village next to the one i live (approx 10 miles from Stoke) which a few motorhome folk use at weekends. Its only a carpark area to the village hall but your rv would get on it ok.

Let me know if you are still looking and i will try and find some other places for you. You would be more than welcome to park up in my driveway which is about 60ft long.....but probably not wide enough for your rv!

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Many thanks for the info and the offer. It's really appreciated but I know Barbara wouldn't be happy if it wasn't a camp site or organised rally. We'll keep looking.

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back