Where to head within sensible distance of Roscoff ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Charlie, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Charlie

Charlie Funster

We land at Roscoff at 3 on Sunday afternoon and would like suggestions of a campsite within an hour and a half from Roscoff heading down along the coast.

We a sea/ beach lovers so somewhere like that would be ace but a nice site by a river or just a nice interesting place would be fine. It doesent have to be by the sea but it would be nice.

Either a camp site or an Aire would be great.

Thanks.

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i would go to st pol de leon. its not far . head right out to the sea and go across the highway to whats like an island . you can have a night there usually . st pol as supermarkets etc and is a nice relaxed first night .
    from there i wouldf take the d10 road to plouscat. but turn right in cleder and head out along the coast. kerfissien has a little harbour and beach also a carpark right out by the harbour . lovely spot.
    bars and restaurants in the village if you need them .
    have fun its so easy .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I can recommend Trebeurden ( turn left (east) from Roscoff. Aire is across the road from a sandy beach, tide goes out a long way and you can walk for miles, lots of rocks, rock pools etc. Town is 15 minutes away with a market on Tuesday. There is also a nice walk signposted through woods, a lot of it by boardwalk over water. €5 a night, collected in the mornings. We have been there a few times. It's aire 67 in the latest 2 book All the Aires ( hate the two books, why they had to change it, God knows) or aire 92 in the 4th edition
    Then there is Plougasnou. ( aire 97 4th edition. Aire 75 in the crappy new book). Parking opposite a natural harbour
    Don't know about campsites, sorry, we don't use them
    If you have an All the Aires book. You are spoilt for choice.
    Allan

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hogan7777

Hogan7777 Read Only Funster

St Pol De Leon or Lermot.
    See my aires you tube channel link both on there.

5. Charlie

Charlie Funster

St pol de Leon sounds great. Was hoping for something just a little more south so I can rid my apprehension of driving on the right for a while but it may take a while to disembark from the canoe and Charlie here is not great when travelling on boats.. So it's duly noted and much appreciated. I would think it's an ideal place on the return journey as well .

Thanks very much !