Where To Go (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
ok just been told members of family have the bank holiday weekend free they have young children so we thought skegness . so rang country meadows and a few others and they want us to book 5 nights over 100 pound even though we can only manage 3 so wondered if there were any shows or something on for this weekend. anybody no of anywhere suitable for young children over the bank holiday weekend. by the way we are in norfolk and happy to travel for upto 4 hours. hope somebody could come up with a good sugestion . thankyou

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
ment to say went to peterborough truckfest a couple of weeks ago and the kids and us had a graet time so something like that would be perfect

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Try waterlesiure park sea lane ingoldmells I do not think there is a minimum stay about £22 a night bar on site and a small kids play area also fishing in the lake and waterskiing nice walk to the market and fantasy island fair or short bus ride into SkegnessSkegness

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Hi Sillybug - not sure if you're limited to commercial sites only, or are a member of any camping clubs, as this would widen your choice e.g. a lot of the district associations are having bank holiday meets, which often have space. Standen lodge farm campsite (near Mablethorpe) springs to mind. I think central counties DA are going there. Obviously this depends on your power and/or sanitation requirements.

Had a bit of trouble myself a couple of weeks ago trying to secure a space for the ruddy bank holiday. Be glad when it's over until August.
I would suggest a two-pronged strategy: Search for 'what's on in....' lincolnshire/norfolk/county of choice etc. over the BH, then have a look at the 'last minute' listings on ukcampsite.co.uk (you'll need to make it go forward from this weekend to next), to get an idea of which county/campsite has pitches remaining.

Last but not least - don't get your hopes up until they confirm there is actually some space. Some campsites take a bit of a laissez-faire attitude to updating their calendars. :rolleyes:

A nightstop option by the sea came through for us. Obviously the last place I tried! Good luck. :)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
What about Strumpshaw Steam rally right on your doorstep. They do public camping ! Prob no electric tho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back