Where to go this weekend?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gazza333, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

I'm from stoke on Trent and find I'm free this weekend but where to go. Is there anything on in the midlands ? I'm a member of the c&cc . Looking for hard standing ehu. Say max 2 hrs away but prefer less. Anyone any ideas ?

Any recommended cs sites nearby ? Cheap campsites ?

Gary

2. Debs

Debs Funster

Depends what you want & I haven't checked the site but Conkers c&cc site has plenty of walking in the National Forest.

On Sat evening at the National Arboretum there is a candlelit carol service which we are hoping to go to. Easy access and not too far from the site. You may have seen it on the news this week when Prince William was there with the commemoration of the WW1 Christmas Day Truce monument.

There is also the American Diner not to far away for a novel experience.

3. trekkin

trekkin Read Only Funster

Good choice, Conkers plenty of walking and visitor centre.

Or try
    Glencote caravan park, churnet valley they are running steam trains this weekend, great site and great sight

Red lion farm haughton stafford, great eating in the local pubs, best kept village winners, and good Xmas light show

Just back from kingsbury water park really nice CC&C site loads of walking around the lakes, ride on steam train last weekend not sure about this?

Wharf tavern, goldstone, really peaceful and relaxing away from it all,but excellent food in the pub , make sure you book, canalside site

Oops Giving away all my secret haunts.