Where to go in mid October home and or Abroad? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Due my stupid sister breaking her ankle very badly we have been landed with the job of looking after her. We have had to cancel our trip to France last week and at the last minute booked into Lincoln but we have also cancelled the Lincoln trip,

It seems she will be mobile mid October so we are awaiting suggestions of where to visit. We like nice views and if possible a little warmer than in the UK, of course we understand without travelling thousands of miles we are not going to get very hot weather.

We have about three/four weeks available.

colyboy

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We're travelling through France at the moment and are near Lyon. We've spent the lady few days searching for warmth but upto now without anything luck.
Day temperatures are around 15 degrees with a very cold breeze. Night temperatures are down to 10 and tonight it's 7 and the heating is on. Not like this area of France. If you decide to venture here plan your route as many roads are still closed after last week's horrendous storm with hailstones and everything else god could throw at us.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We're travelling through France at the moment and are near Lyon. We've spent the lady few days searching for warmth but upto now without anything luck.
Day temperatures are around 15 degrees with a very cold breeze. Night temperatures are down to 10 and tonight it's 7 and the heating is on. Not like this area of France. If you decide to venture here plan your route as many roads are still closed after last week's horrendous storm with hailstones and everything else god could throw at us.

I understand what you are saying.. We were in France when those storms hit. It was incredible how the weather deteriorated so fast. As you say quite unlike weather expected for the time of year. The local people and campsite people said they had never seen anything like it.

We looked at going much further south but the weather was poor all the way down.

Seems the UK is not alone with poor weather this year.

Good luck !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We've been here for 4 weeks and all along the med. Weather overall terrible with brief hot spells. Still wouldn't swap it for the UK. We like the freedom France offers rather than the regimental overpriced sites at home. Bring on UK Aires.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We're going on a return trip to Tuscany, then down to Rome, Pisa and Sorrento.
Tuscany is warm and sunny in October

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Corsica was nice in September a couple of years ago, so much so I'm going back this September, not sure what Oct would be like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Ahh, it is in the list of 5 similar threads at the bottom of my screen, so I presumed it was current.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back