Where to go for a few days up to a couple of hours from Hull (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Four hours north where i live in East lothian. Quite a few clean empty sandy beached, John Muir walkways what can be as lon or short as you want. Area has a fair few caravan sites. My town (North Berwick) Has two and town is a 15 minute walk from them. Plenty pubs and restaurants. We also have a train station if you fancy a pop into Edinburgh. 20 minutes to Waverley station and costs just over six quid off peak.
But everybody's drunk ;)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
If you're taking the bike then try Poolsbrook CC site. Easy for you to get to, just off the M1 (no traffic noise though) and on the doorstep of all the great biking roads in the Peak District. If you've not been to Matlock it's a bikers paradise on Sundays. Poolsbrook also has a "lake" and park just outside the gates for a pleasant stroll.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Carry on up the M62 John. You cant miss the place. (y) If you do, your in the North Sea. :) They used to have white phone boxes, even before they got telephones. o_O
Oi ... the phone boxes are cream, not white ... we've still got them too ... along with the 'monopoly' of only being able to get phone lines through Kingston Communications as there's no BT here! :mad:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I'll echo Gromett's comments about Louth, but then I'm biased - I live there! If you do come, let me know & I'll give you some more specific places to see (& pubs to sample).

If you don't want to go far, there is always The Ship Inn at Sewerby. I've never been, but enough people have recommended it that it's on my 'to do' list.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Sitting tonight decided I wanted to get away for a few days, well up to a week. Ok he says sort it out and we will go, now stumped as to where. Like to be near water, but not essential, some decent walking, ie strolling not hiking, or biking and ale. Serves me right but just for once would like not to have to 'sort it out'. Happy for ths, rallies, cl/cs sites.
Go on where would you head?
Hebden Bridge CC, about 2 hrs

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Down here in the East Midlands, National Forest? (Conkers ccc for example). Kingsbury Water Park near Tamworth? Ok neither are Alpine standards but hey ho:)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Have you tried Northumberland? Lovely coast Durham is a great city with an aire on rugby club site and Hadrians wall is really interesting! Have a great trip!
If the weather is good this would be my choice - Northumberland coast, as much or little walking as you want.

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hebden Bridge CC, about 2 hrs
We were heading for Flappit springs, but our friend has just had a throat operation, and he loves to talk, have decided to stay away so as not to tempt him out of his voice rest, hence my 'where shall we go'

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Down here in the East Midlands, National Forest? (Conkers ccc for example). Kingsbury Water Park near Tamworth? Ok neither are Alpine standards but hey ho:)
Been to both, want somewhere new lol

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oooh - Ironbridge gorge is easy on a motorbike!

Only trouble was this pillion was carted off from one of the museums in the back of an ambulance instead of on the back of a Blackbird (may have been an Africa Twin though, twas a long time ago) and Pete literally had to chase the ambulance in real life since he hadn't a clue where Telford Hospital A&E was! LOL (I wasn't ill, just severely hypo)

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Oooh - Ironbridge gorge is easy on a motorbike!

Only trouble was this pillion was carted off from one of the museums in the back of an ambulance instead of on the back of a Blackbird (may have been an Africa Twin though, twas a long time ago) and Pete literally had to chase the ambulance in real life since he hadn't a clue where Telford Hospital A&E was! LOL (I wasn't ill, just severely hypo)
Will take a bit of sorting out, Cul-de-sac busy today and need to get the van down to put the bike in, can't just ride it to storage unless john feels like riding my bike home. still thinking, if only there was a site on a bus route, have bus pass will travel lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back