Where to go after Lake Garda? (1 Viewer)

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Looking for suggestions on where to go after spending 2 weeks in Lake Garda this summer? We plan to spend 3 weeks getting there, via Alsace and Lake Maggiore, Orta, Iseo, and hopefully Como and assume we will do Venice and Verona while we are at Garda. We will have 3 more weeks to get home and have previously done the Romantic Road and Lake Constance, albeit at a bit of a rush. Any ideas please for a great route back? Was looking at the Dolomites but haven't found many campsites?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I thought the Italian lakes you mention were in the Dolomites ?
What about a trip into Slovenia or Croatia, thats what I`m planning for next year.
Not quite on the way home but who cares ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I thought the Italian lakes you mention were in the Dolomites ?
What about a trip into Slovenia or Croatia, thats what I`m planning for next year.
Not quite on the way home but who cares ?

Everywhere is on the way home in a motorhome,,BUSBY:D2:D2:D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
How about heading South to Florence, stopping at Modena/Maranello along the way.
For the return journey, Pisa and Cinque Terre before heading back into France for the home run?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
You might find it easier to move on to a site near Venice rather than commuting from Garda and back.

We made a brief stop at Garda last autumn before heading into Austria for 10 days via the Otzi The Iceman museum at Bolzano. Then we returned via Lake Constance, Strasbourg and Belgium.

In Austria we visited Salzburg, Vienna, and Zell am Zee, and overnighted in Innsbruck without looking round much. We missed enough in that general area to want to make a return trip later this year.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
How about back into France via the Col-de-Genevre and onto Briancon. If you go at the right time you could enjoy the Alpine pastures amongst other views.
Alternatively you could go through Austria via Cortina d'Ampezzo and Leinz. Straight through the Dolomites - I like them a lot!
We enjoyed both routes.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Looking for suggestions on where to go after spending 2 weeks in Lake Garda this summer? We plan to spend 3 weeks getting there, via Alsace and Lake Maggiore, Orta, Iseo, and hopefully Como and assume we will do Venice and Verona while we are at Garda. We will have 3 more weeks to get home and have previously done the Romantic Road and Lake Constance, albeit at a bit of a rush. Any ideas please for a great route back? Was looking at the Dolomites but haven't found many campsites?
We did Maggiore, Como and Orta this summer much nicer and less touristy than Garda.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I'd put in a recommendation for the Swiss Alps. We were heading for Italy on our last trip and got sidelined in the Jungfrau for a fortnight, certainly worthy of consideration. The Swiss side of Maggiore (Camping Campofelice or Lago Maggiore) and Lake Constance (Camping Fischerhaus) were also on our to do list.
Enjoy your trip!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back