where to buy new rear seat belt catch (1 Viewer)

dazzaandjay

Free Member
Mar 14, 2009
Sahorre, South France
Funster No
MH
Hymer b754
Exp
Hi There
hope someone can help. we just got our new hymer b754, all lovely except one very annoying fault that I did not see.

The rear forward facing seat has a lap belt. the belt and the catch plate are bolted to the floor. the catch plate is on a dongle of about 12" long. The catch is broken :-(

I just dont know where to get a new catch from. I am happy to change the belt and the catch but have had no joy.

been to a couple of scrap yards, most belts bolt to the seat not the floor, been to central auto supplies and partco (two big suppliers of car parts), they have a lap belt but it does not bolt to the floor, they have an inercia belt but that has to be bolted to the wall as well.

went to couple of large camping/motorhome sales places, no joy.

Fiat can do one but its £70+vat just for the catch and takes a few days to arrive and we are heading off home on tuesday back to france.

ANyone any ideas? didnt think it would be quite such a problem :-( we have our baby girl with us and her car seat needs this belt working.

Many thanks
Darren

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you could just get one from a scrap yard, and change the belt / buckle to fit the mount that you have. any leather worker or shoe repairer will be able to stitch the belt in place, Job done for under £20 including the stitching.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back