Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
Having read lots of posts regarding the double skillet i was wondering if there are any other suppliers apart from (forgot the name of company) who makes them, i dont have a cooker, just the three rings which i had before in old motorhome, now i have a hymer and was going to get an oven but think i can manage with the double skillet rather than all the pans i currently have.

i know i could just order one from them but they are £47 with the heat defuser but the postage is £10 , rather expensive i thought for p&p , i dont think i will be able to get to any of the shows, anyone got any other suggestions of where to purchase one please ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Given the weight of the DS I don't think the P&P is unreasonable. It's certainly less than the transport and entrance costs for going to a show specially.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ralphman

ralphman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
pevensey bay
Funster No
MH
hymer b544
Exp
4 years
Thank you for replies, i have ordered a large one with heat diffuser, be warned though, adding the heat diffuser £3.50 puts deliverey up to £15 , so that means for a £3.50 item the p&p is £5 extra :Eeek: so ended up buying a poached egg attachment too (that i didnt want lol) for 50p extra, you can see why below

large skillet £43, p&p £10 = £53

large skillet & heat diffuser £43 + £3.50, p&p £15 = £61.50

large skillet & heat diffuser & poached egg insert £52 & p&p £10 =£ 62

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We bought ours over 20 years ago used it in our Vee dubs and then our Hymers.
Now new Hymer old skillet,they are bombproof. In between vans we flirted with an Auto Trail 'gin palace' with a full cooker,still used the skillet. £50 for over 29 years service life that's value and still going strong!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
We bought ours over 20 years ago used it in our Vee dubs and then our Hymers.
Now new Hymer old skillet,they are bombproof. In between vans we flirted with an Auto Trail 'gin palace' with a full cooker,still used the skillet. £50 for over 29 years service life that's value and still going strong!

Oh dear....am I the only one who's managed to damage both the handles? :Blush:

It is the small skillet, mind you, and the handle design looks different to the larger one. Even with the heat kept low, the design seems risky - a release spring inside the plastic handle that seems to contact the body of the skillet, and then conducts the heat around the plastic button that releases the handle.

Result - handle fine....buttons melted....one handle not very secure anymore :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back