Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Can anyone please confirm that there really such a place in Blighty?

We have lived in the wet, wet old Peninnes for most of our working life where somewhat over 60 inches of rainfall or more each year is the norm.

We have both gone rusty in our joint Lynda more so than I have so we are having a change.

Our bungalow is within the final throws of completion of sale and we are off for our gap year(s) that we never got as students.

Due to various reasons we cannot head abroad until after September so we were wondering if this Blighty desert is real or not.

If some one knows where it is please let us into the secret and either we will get some dry Joints or knowing our luck the rain will follow us and you will get the water you need:thumb::thumb::thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Its certainly here in sussex and kent.

Bewl water the largest reservoir in the SE is lower than I have ever seen it for 20 years........We rarely seem to get rain these days in the Eastbourne area...... And parts of the garden which would always be wet and drying out this time of year are dry as a bone.

The drought is a fact here.

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are in the Witterings W Sussex and it deluged yesterday, all the fields around us are flooded what drought????:RollEyes:
Sunny today though:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was talking to my brother, who lives in Forest Row, on the phone on Saturday and he said they had just had their first rain for a long time. There are water restrictions in force there.

Maybe you need to get some water butts, Alan, and flog the water on eBay when they are full :roflmto:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Kent

They have started to take water from the River Medway in Kent to fill the reservoir at Bewl water... it is down to 40%

We had a lot of rain yesterday and all over night.... my own fish pond was well down .. we do not top it up as we use a meter... this is pond hold 12000 gallons and is 5' deep in places.

But Kent has been very dry this last year. Not warm, but dry.

Bob:cry:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Apparently here in Windermere, from October onwards, it rained 72 days out of 74 :cry: So dont live here. We have lived here for 10 years and have webbed feet. It is beautiful when dry though.:RollEyes:
Today however it is a lovely crisp dry winters day:Cool:
Go to Norfolk:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Llandudno, North Wales seems to have its own Micro climate.
Also nice area to Base for days out around Wales.

Regards
Steve:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Its certainly here in sussex and kent.

Bewl water the largest reservoir in the SE is lower than I have ever seen it for 20 years........We rarely seem to get rain these days in the Eastbourne area...... And parts of the garden which would always be wet and drying out this time of year are dry as a bone.

The drought is a fact here.

barry

Don't know which bit of Eastbourne you're talking about, but p1$$ed down yesterday here in St.Phillips area and the ditches etc in Shinewater park are bank high, and the ground is soggy and puddly.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Suffolk is as dry as a boot, 10 weeks without a drop last year and apart from yesterday and today, its been dry for ages... Its downhill from your area to here, run us a hose down please.. The Welsh want us to buy it from them ! ! ! Nice eh.. Good luck drying your joints out, get on the "Chrondoitin and "Glucosamin" or fit a grease nipple to the offending joints...
.Mitch.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Weather!

I saw on the news over a week ago that the main drought area was around the south-east to the eastern parts of England and all in between. I have a friend in Kent and she said it was very dry where she is.

It is beautiful up here today in Dumfries and Galloway, crisp and sunny, just like yesterday. But we don't get the weather as cold nor snow that they get from the central belt upwards. We're relatively sheltered and benefit from the gulf stream.

I can almost see Simsy on the Isle of Man today, as it is so clear and bright:roflmto:

However, when the wind is a south-westerly it's batten down the hatches as we're only 500 yards from the sea and the house has been known to rattle when that happens!

I'll have a quick word with "Alex" and get him to send some water down to those in the drought areas, but it might cost you!!:roflmto:

Margaret

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Suffolk is as dry as a boot, 10 weeks without a drop last year and apart from yesterday and today, its been dry for ages... Its downhill from your area to here, run us a hose down please.. The Welsh want us to buy it from them ! ! ! Nice eh.. Good luck drying your joints out, get on the "Chrondoitin and "Glucosamin" or fit a grease nipple to the offending joints...
.Mitch.

The Chondroitin does make a difference to the Glucosamine (which is good on it's own - think it has to be AT LEAST 1000mg a day to do anything according to the knee chap at our hopsital who Pete saw) but don't touch it with a barge-pole if you are allergic to shellfish !

Tesco's do an own brand G & C tablet which is labelled 'One a day' but for an effective dose you actually need to take em night and morning.

Grease nipple could work out cheaper ......

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
I agree there's no drought in Norfolk today, it's poured with rain all night and all day. all our water butts are full.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you want grease nipples fitting i suppose Geo would give discount on fitting them for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
They have started to take water from the River Medway in Kent to fill the reservoir at Bewl water... it is down to 40%

We had a lot of rain yesterday and all over night.... my own fish pond was well down .. we do not top it up as we use a meter... this is pond hold 12000 gallons and is 5' deep in places.

But Kent has been very dry this last year. Not warm, but dry.

Bob:cry:

Water from the Medway:Eeek:

We used to swim in it at Teston when we were in our youth and it tasted foul, hope it is cleaner now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back