Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have the bulb gone warning light up come up on my dash. 2009 Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDi.

I had a look and both the nearside (UK Passenger side) front and rear side lights are not working. Checked the bulbs, both ok. I don't have the owners manual with me. :Doh:
Checked all the fuses I can find, compartment next to the steering wheel and under bonnet nearside but can't find a dodgy one.

We are currently at Bon Repos near Barcelona, (Santa Sussanna).

Any suggestions, pointers welcome........ no night time driving is planned....

::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are you visually checking bulbs and fuses....not good enough.

if a bulb blows while unlit, vibration/impact etc, it may appear OK.

a blade fuse may blow very close to the end of the fusible link and out of sight.

only accurate way is a multimeter.

road lighting will use the original cab wiring and will be extended to suit the conversion, so the fuse will be in the original block either in/under the dash or under bonnet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
are you visually checking bulbs and fuses....not good enough.

if a bulb blows while unlit, vibration/impact etc, it may appear OK.

a blade fuse may blow very close to the end of the fusible link and out of sight.

only accurate way is a multimeter.

road lighting will use the original cab wiring and will be extended to suit the conversion, so the fuse will be in the original block either in/under the dash or under bonnet.

I have replaced the bulbs as well as checking them with a multimeter.

I have checked all the fuses I have found so far, in both the fuse panel near the steering wheel and the one fuse box in the engine bay. I have been putting my meter across the two exposed metal points either side of the spade fuses and getting a "beep" from my meter showing continuity is ok.

I'm wondering if there is another location for fuses I have not as yet found.:Blush:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
I have checked the owner's manual for my Boxer and cannot find a specific fuse for sidelamps mentioned although the other lights are. There are 3 fuse boxes mentioned: Passenger side dashboard, driver's door pillar, engine compartment.

Dashboard fuses - dipped beam headlamps are 12 + 13, reversing lamps are 35, brake lamps 37, instrument panel and rear fogs are 53

drivers door pillar - direction indicators 58

engine compartment - main beam headlamps - 14 + 15, front fogs - 30

Someone has also had a similar problem looking for sidelamp fuses and asked the question on a Peugeot Forum but unfortunately there were no replies.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have replaced the bulbs as well as checking them with a multimeter.

I have checked all the fuses I have found so far, in both the fuse panel near the steering wheel and the one fuse box in the engine bay. I have been putting my meter across the two exposed metal points either side of the spade fuses and getting a "beep" from my meter showing continuity is ok.

I'm wondering if there is another location for fuses I have not as yet found.:Blush:

if you mean you are probing the fuse .while the fuse is still in place then you could be getting contiuity through another bulb on the same fuse....could be something like the interior light.

switch your meter to dc volts.

turn parking lights on and connect one probe to earth and the other to both sides of each fuse in turn

you should get 12v on both sides of each fuse if it is active.

any fuse with 12v to one side only is the defective one.

alternatively, remove the fuse completely and check continuity. of course this may be what you mean .

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
not sure if you have the same problem as we did when our side lights and number plate lights went out on our fiat ducata the Manuel to ours said a fuse board in the driver door pillar but its optional and on mine they wasnt there but it ended up being part of the habitat panel my daughter on 1 trip had bloody thrown up on it and it had damaged the panel it was only discovered when turning the lights on the auto electrian heard the hab box clicking

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have checked the owner's manual for my Boxer and cannot find a specific fuse for sidelamps mentioned although the other lights are. There are 3 fuse boxes mentioned: Passenger side dashboard, driver's door pillar, engine compartment.

Dashboard fuses - dipped beam headlamps are 12 + 13, reversing lamps are 35, brake lamps 37, instrument panel and rear fogs are 53

drivers door pillar - direction indicators 58

engine compartment - main beam headlamps - 14 + 15, front fogs - 30

Someone has also had a similar problem looking for sidelamp fuses and asked the question on a Peugeot Forum but unfortunately there were no replies.

There is a small panel at the bottom of the drivers door pillar held in place by one screw. It is difficult to access and to see inside.
It looks like there are a few relay blocks there, but I cannot see any fuses.:cry:

:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back