Where is a good place camp when visiting Stratford Upon Avon soon?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Mollie08, May 13, 2010.

1. Mollie08

Mollie08 Read Only Funster

Looking forward to our first visit to Stratford Upon Avon in a fortnights time. Where is a good place to wild camp in this area?

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Riverside Campsite,, about half hours walk into Stratford,, They run their own riverboat Taxi`s...

Little Cafe on site with reasonable priced meals..

Beautiful clean Toilets/Showers..

Lovely level site..

Cannot remember what the fee`s were.. :thumb:

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

WOOOOPS !!! Sorry just read "Wildcamping":Doh:[/

Dont know of any wildcamping .. :Sad:COLOR]

4. Mollie08

Mollie08 Read Only Funster

Thanks. It may come in handy - it depends on our timing.

5. Big Momma

Big Momma Read Only Funster

There is also a CC Site and a C&CC Site at Moreton in Marsh. There is a bus to Stratford on Avon so you could do a day trip. The Moreton site is also 10 min walk in to the town which has enough to see and do for a day (Tuesday is Market day) and there is a small local railway station where I believe you can get a train to Cheltenham and Oxford. Also, site only 4 miles from Stow-on-the-Wold a very nice cotswold town, also Bourton-on-the-water another beautiful cotswold town. So basically you can do several locations from one base and I think a lot cheaper than the Riverside site, although not meant as a criticism as I have not used it but have looked at prices :Sad:

6. BionicPixie

BionicPixie Read Only Funster

There used to be three good sized laybys that you could wildcamp in but they have recently been taken over with a nocturnal activity that you would not wish to have on your doorstep! give them a few months and they will have moved on to somewhere else!!!!

There are a number of good CL sites a few miles out of Stratford... about £10 per night ... Woodedge at Alcester (on A46 approx 6 miles). Cottage of Content (Barton rear of the village pub approx 7 miles). Riverside at Barton (recently upgraded and right on river bank) BrookLeys B&B (Honeybourne Rd from Bidford on Avon (Approx 8 miles or so).... guess where I live lol xx

Plus many others in a similar distance on all sides