Where/how to mount LCD TV (1 Viewer)

F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Hi all, I have a 17" TV with DVD player built in the side in the RV. At the moment it sits on the dinette table so the kids can watch DVDs while we're driving, but it tends to move around a bit on the table while driving (even with a non-slip mat under it) and also gets in the way when eating.

I don't have an overhead TV cabinet in the RV like some have, and it won't fit in a regular overhead cabinet. :Sad:

Sooooo.... Was thinking it would be best to try mounting it on a wall somewhere. I will need to find a stud to mount the bracket to as the TV is quite heavy. I would like the TV to swivel on the bracket, but am wondering if this will mean it will work loose over time, esp. when bouncing over potholes etc. :Eeek: Just wondering if anyone else has faced this situation before, and what solutions there are...? Thanks!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi mine is on a swivel arm as you discribe --no probs:thumb:
terry

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi mine is on a swivel arm as you discribe --no probs:thumb:
terry

:Cool: We had our LCD TV mounted on the Bedroom to Cupboard wall on a Swivel arm in our old Coachmen. Had no problems either. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Thanks for the reassurance :thumb: I'll get a bracket at the weekend :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i fitted ours on swivel on the lounge/wardrobe wall but as its not very thick i put a strengthener plate on the inside to spread the weight. sits there quite happily no matter what.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back