Where have you been? Where are you going. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok so you have had the MH for a while now or maybe you have just got it.

Where is the most exotic or unusual place you have been or plan to go too?

We are currently doing our bucket list and have Lithuania Finland norway and the very east of Turkey or as far as we can cross in to turkey.

No plans for Spain other than on the way to casablanca,

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Well someone had to

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .you can get a ferry from sete in france to morocco if you really must miss spain out.
not sure why you want to go to casa .very busy . nice mosque ,lots of industry. mind its nice on the sea front for a bit. would have thought inland for you then you could go skiing .or are you thinking of taking up surfing as well ha ha .
so we might see you in maroc soon .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well were of to langorse lake this weekend in brecon hope the weather is going to be ok :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi .you can get a ferry from sete in france to morocco if you really must miss spain out.
not sure why you want to go to casa .very busy . nice mosque ,lots of industry. mind its nice on the sea front for a bit. would have thought inland for you then you could go skiing .or are you thinking of taking up surfing as well ha ha .

Thank's Alan,
These were the sort of answers that I was hoping to glean.

Yes I can surf, but prefer body boarding to be honest, which is what I was thinking of. But tbh, I get as much a kick from watching/photographing real surfers out in the wash than I do surfing myself these days (My swimming's bad).

We will scrub the ferry and drive through Spain. As Ihave bad memories of Sete, we went on honey moon there :ROFLMAO:

Have you been across in to Finland? or USSR?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. no never been further than north germany and denmark. never had the urge or interest to go.
i use wooden belly board now cornish style surfing. cant stand up very good these days so on a board its impossible .
i would say go across cantarbria and asturia then down galecia,and portugal coast .its great . the med is fine in winter but the other way is nicer.
if you want an interesting drive then down the coast of maroc coming back through the mountains and zig zaging to the desert side is fantastic .guess you have seen enough pics . ha ha .but ask snowy .i,m sure he can help.
course you could drive to india thats another special trip .
i find europe a bit sim sim .
i like uk in summer when we have one. and summer in winter.
but enjoy your trips thats the main thing . drive safe .

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Brighton.. and I would not go back there either !

Oh, and Budapest

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Just come back from Croatia stopped in Germany, Bavaria, Austria and Slovenia, stayed on the istrian coast and came back through Italy, Switzerland, Belgium and France, great trip

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Helmsley, North Yorkshire this weekend to Duncome Park for a Steam Rally.

The engine in my avatar will be travelling from its home in Potto by road, under its own steam. You have been warned !!!!!

Its name is Lightning and it is a showmans engine owned by Prestons of Potto, a large family owned haulage company, and it actually used to work for a living after the 2nd World War when diesel and petrol were hard to get. It kept the Prestons in business so it is very well looked after.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Thank's Alan,
These were the sort of answers that I was hoping to glean.

Yes I can surf, but prefer body boarding to be honest, which is what I was thinking of. But tbh, I get as much a kick from watching/photographing real surfers out in the wash than I do surfing myself these days (My swimming's bad).

be carefull what you tell people about how you get your kicks and fetishes i have already obtained one of your photos

it is the one of the four babes about to go surfing and they are smiling for your picture before they get their boards out for you :winky:

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq257/str8shooterbucket/fat_women_in_bikinis.jpg

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Just come back from Croatia stopped in Germany, Bavaria, Austria and Slovenia, stayed on the istrian coast and came back through Italy, Switzerland, Belgium and France, great trip

We fancy doing this trip next summer,is 3 weeks enough?
We went to pisa at easter,then came back up to lake magorie for a few nights, lovely campsite right on the edge of the lake.

The italians must live like rabbits, ive never been through so many tunnels:Eeek:.

we're going to la tranche sur mer, France:france: 1st august for 2 weeks. Anyone been there before, hope the weather is better than here:Cool:

Louis

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yes, we've been to La Tranche, before we had the M/H. V touristy, fantastic beach, if you walk through the pine woods to get from the parking to the beach (which you certainly have to for certain parts of the beach, dunno if it's all of it?) watch out as we both got bitten half to death by summat and all the bites went bad ways, so frankly I've never been exactly eager to rush back.

Make sure you have a beach brolly though - there's always a breeze and it fools you!

And do have a look at the Ile de Re at least - if not also the Ile d'Oleron.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
we're going to la tranche sur mer, France:france: 1st august for 2 weeks. Anyone been there before, hope the weather is better than here:Cool:

Louis

We used to live just down the coast from La Tranche and can thoroughly recommend it. Very busy July and August.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I suppose Venice is the most distant and exotic location we've driven to in the MH so far. This year the destination is SW France around the Mediterranean coast for most of August, and until retirement we'll probably keep going to sunny locations in the summer months.

As for the future, after retirement we'd like to see more of N Europe and Scandinavia off season, and Southern Spain and Southern Italy in spring and autumn rather than in summer when the heat gets too silly.

I've also set my heart on photographing the aurora borealis before I finally turn my toes up, so that'll probably mean a trip to the Hebrides or Northern Norway at some point.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

We are hoping to do this trip in the next year or two also before our daughter stops coming with us. We have just waved goodbye to funsters from Slovenia who have been touring Scotland for 3 weeks and stayed with us for 3 nights so i could take them golfing so all the more reason to visit Slovenia.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
From previous posts some will have seen that we had a trip, not exotic but certainly scenic , of a month in the US taking an RV from Chicago to Las Vegas through St Louis, Memphis, Tulsa , Oklahoma, Amarillo, Alberquerque, North Rim Grand Canyon, Zion park, Monument Valley , some of which was on Route 66, stopping in Memphis to see Graceland and do a riverboat trip on the Mississippi and finishing with a show at Caesars Palace seeing Celine Dion.
A fantastic 3000 mile trip :thumb:
Since our return I have just had a Trabeculectomy op on my left eye so am off the road for a couple of weeks but mid August off on the move again :Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Speaking of Sete, we tried to stay in the aire there a couple of weeks ago. It was full at midday and some of the motorhomes looked as though they'd been there for weeks. There used to be another aire there but it is closed. The one one the beach is still open but is miles from the town so I can't see that it helps the local economy.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Left Dordogne mid May, travelled to Charente Maritime, then on to Ile de Re, then the Vendee coast.

Into the Loire, the up to Mont St Michel, along to Honfleurs and Dieppe. (combination of wild camping, Aires and a few sites)

Newhaven to New Forest (C&CC), the up to Wiltshire (C&CC) Oswestry (C&CC) Shrewsbury Show. Now at Teversal, Nottinghamshire, old mining area re-forested and some stunning walks and views--managed to hobble to the Miner's Sculpture today with the dogs.

Next is Rutland, then west to Wales, The Welsh National Eisteddfod in August, see a bit more of Wales, the back to Wiltshire (family) and New Forest (friends) then France & on to Spain. I hope.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just got back on the weekend from France trip...:Smile:

South Wales to Folkstone onto the shuttle care of "the Dark side":Blush:!

Montreil sur mer, Rouen, Samuar, Limoges, Dordonge, Agen, Rodez, Millau, Montpelier, Avignon, Ardeche, Soane, Lac De Orient, Armiens, Calais,:thumb: Home...:cry:

great time cant wait to get out again. a few hospital appointments with the Wife next week then off to North Wales:thumb:, then Devon and Cornwall:thumb:. hope to get in Lake district this year too..:Cool:

arent motorhomes great:thumb:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Helmsley, North Yorkshire this weekend to Duncome Park for a Steam Rally.

The engine in my avatar will be travelling from its home in Potto by road, under its own steam. You have been warned !!!!!

Its name is Lightning and it is a showmans engine owned by Prestons of Potto, a large family owned haulage company, and it actually used to work for a living after the 2nd World War when diesel and petrol were hard to get. It kept the Prestons in business so it is very well looked after.

Are you going to the one at Masham ?, It looks like motorhomes are on a first come basis

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Busy planning the European trip, ultimate destination Split, Croatia. Leaving Sept 3rd from Dover. Returning 16th October.
Booked so far.
Cologne - overnight
Nuremberg - overnight
Centre Austria - overnight
Zagreb - overnight
Split - 17 nights
Trieste - overnight
Venice - 4 nights
Lake Garda - 4 nights
Grand St Bernard tunnel - overnight
Lausanne - 4 nights
Germany somewhere - 3 nights
Luxembourg - 3 nights
Brussels - 3 nights
Back to Calais and home for a rest

Roughly 3,200 miles, excluding touring around.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just spent a weekend at T In The Park my first music festival in about 20 years as it was Sophie my daughters 15th. Must say i thought i had seen most things in the world but this is something different would i go back, if i could guarantee better weather yes.

We spent 4 nights in a field with 280 motorhomes, campervans, vans and horse boxes and what a great bunch of folk they where all helping each other and having a chinwag young and old.

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I just got back from the Isle of Skye and Plockton last weekend, no rain but lots of wind. I started the year by going to Cambridgeshire for Christmas and New Year, been to Roseisle, Lossiemouth, the Black Isle North of Inverness for the MFR Charity car boot sale, Gairloch and the North West of Scotland. I don't like to go too far afield as I find myself holding my breath and crossing my fingers if I get more than a few hundred miles away. My 26 year old Ebay bought Mitsubishi L300 Pioneer Motorhome hasn't let me down yet though.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer

Very nice place, south facing beaches on the west coast. Plenty of beach to wander along and a couple of large supermarkets that get very busy on a Monday. The Super U fuel is normally reasonable, the pumps have always accepted my credit cards.

By the large carpark there is a bar called La Paillote - owners are from Bingley, like most of the bars, free wifi if you need it.

Hope you get good weather

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
DENTIST this afternoon oh what joy:cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry::Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back