Where has your SatNav sent you? (1 Viewer)

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
The only thing my wife gets wrong is when navigating in the USA we now have American right's/lefts and English ones apparently they are different :LOL: which is a bugger as we used to live in the US and visit regularly with no sat nav (y) I have now got used to clarifying is that an American right or an English one, sod all to do with driving on the other side of the road she doesn't do it in Europe at all, makes us laugh though :LOL:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Our 'Hong Kong Fuee' special sent us on a 'fastest' route from the Southbound M5 to the Balloon Festival..............Via the centre of Bristol at lunchtime. :Eeek::Eeek:

Idiot machine! And idiot me for following it. :mad:

At least you couldn't go fast........if at all that is (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
At least you couldn't go fast........if at all that is (y)
No, but it took me three days to remove the squashed beggars from under the wheel arches. Bl**dy place. Never seen so many side streets pretending to be a major highway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
The Russian bird going on about none existent scammeras gets on my nerves but one day there will be one tucked away somewhere.

Lussian, you have a Lussian Blird......... I am stuck with Beigjing Bernadet. Can the voices be changed, and do they then come with the regional dialect? Maybe I would prefer a Russian lady - as long as she is as accurate.(y)

Trikeman. ;)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Our 'Hong Kong Fuee' special sent us on a 'fastest' route from the Southbound M5 to the Balloon Festival..............Via the centre of Bristol at lunchtime. :Eeek::Eeek:

Idiot machine! And idiot me for following it. :mad:

Just 500yds or so over the bridge to the next junction and you would have got to us 3 hrs earlier Toots.

Never mind - you received the most generous helpings of my barbecue cuisine.:Eeek:

Trikeman. :getmecoat:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just 500yds or so over the bridge to the next junction and you would have got to us 3 hrs earlier Toots.

Never mind - you received the most generous helpings of my barbecue cuisine.:Eeek:

Trikeman. :getmecoat:
...............................And very appreciative of it we were to, Young Sir! To be lost is bad, but to be lost and hungry, and be slipped a cremated banger that had fallen on the grass................Words cannot express my thanks. :cry::cry:

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Yes ours did that! Luckily stopped short of hitting it! That was before we swapped our Garmin for a Chinese Trucker satnav. (or maybe WHY we swapped it:D)
Wyn

Likewise, bought the Chinese satnav (thank you to Lunarman for all his help !).
However, recently we were to travel to the ' Last Bring and Buy' in Cheshire. The obvious route for us was to head toward Cirencester, Glos, M5.................. The satnav wanted to route us toward the M4, Bristol direction and then the M5 ? I'm sure there was a reason but it didn't make sense to us.

Nope.......funny though I can trust the wife's navigation..........not many men would admit that........but it's true (y)

How many out there have many a story with the 'female/map reading ability 'thing'? :imoutahere:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just yesterday;
Yorkshire Dales... Though to be fair the restriction was 7'6" and my van is 7'4"
:eek: !
... though I did think I'd put in 8' as width... obviously Chinese SatNag knows best (and it did, with some breathing in).

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
How many out there have many a story with the 'female/map reading ability 'thing'?
That's the bestest thing about satnav. I don't get as many black eyes since the wife stopped reading the road atlas upside down. (y)

Reactions: LAM

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That's the bestest thing about satnav. I don't get as many black eyes since the wife stopped reading the road atlas upside down. (y)

I turn the map so it faces the way we are going - so if travelling south the map is upside down - that way I get rights and lefts correct without thinking about it. I can read upside down easy enough..... am upside down map confuses the hell out of my Dad but it's something I have always done. Going through London (before the M25) I was navigating him through London, we'd already crossed Tower Bridge, he glanced over and saw my finger on the road and started to yell that we had already gone over the river!!!!!! I tried to explain but he pulled over to make sure we weren't lost..... I'd already got him from Durham and through most of London and he was yelling at me NOW?????? Mum (who also turns maps) was in the back seat and in hysterical laughter.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
well, touch wood..(taps head), ny china truck satnav, has not let me dowm, up to now.
sends me on some strange routes but always gets me there.
ps you can turn off the speed camera noise, too many for me to follow

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
In my pre-MH days, I was going to a regular client at a yacht harbour, I usually ignored the satnag & just went my own way
One day I was early so decided to follow the satnag for a change; she took me down an ever-decreasing lane (to be expected here) but eventually ended up on a narrow slipway
If I'd had a Duwk I'd have been fine ..... as it was I had to either back up a couple of miles or more, or turn my lovely MX5 on a very steep and slippery 6' wide slipway - get it wrong & go for a swim :Eeek:

Our MH's Snooper is brilliant, avoids narrow & fiddly roads, low bridges etc :clap2:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I use google maps in the UK and find the traffic data second to none and the terrain detail!! But google does love B roads so definitely needs a check the planned route is suitable.

Also great for working out public transport routes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back