Where does your dog sleep?.... (1 Viewer)

Nelly font

Free Member
Aug 13, 2015
Leominster
Funster No
MH
Ford transit flash 04
Exp
Ok so I have now worked out how to get the spare bed to resemble a cot for my 18 month old but now for the dog!! I don't have much floor space so can't fit a grate in. I am considering a pop up tent but wouldn't bother to put it up if only going for a night or 2 has anyone put there dog in the garage?? He is a working/pet spaniel so although he loves a sofa he is used to my car boot! I just want him to be safe and secure at night. Any ideas?.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We saw a lady last year out on Orkney who had put a window and air vent in the garage door and used it as a kennel for her dog.
Good idea as long as you don't need the space?

Upvote 0
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Our beloved Jack Russell, Tia, sleeps and travels in her cage secured in the overcab. She sleeps in a cage at home and in the MH she feels safe and familiar in the cage. It allows us some "dog free" time, knowing she is content, which is good too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
Passenger footwell for Freddie our border collie - that being said of late he has taken to trying out alternatives - like under the dinette table and at the foot of our bed - we have taken it as a sign of his growing confidence with the van.

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
My greyhound Wallace sleeps in the kitchen area but does tend to steal the bed when he thinks where not looking!

IMG_1564_zpsykjfnbln.jpg

Upvote 0

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Our dogs, a chocolate Labrador and a little Labradoodle each have a bed towards the front of the van, the smaller one being between the 2 captains seats. Invariably, they end up in the same one!
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
image.jpg
We have 2 dogs, when they think we're asleep, they climb on the bed! A whippet and a Border Collie.
We had a full size racing greyhound, Charlie, he was a big dog, he loved to travel in the van, having spent most of his life in kennels, he took to living with us really well and thought sleeping on our bed was dog heaven, but we loved him and put up with it. He was a rescue dog and had to be rescued from his first "rescuers" they kept him chained up in a yard and he slept on a concrete slab outside in all weathers. The RSPCA rescued him after complaints from the neighbours about his neglect. He was skin and bone and had lost most of his fur, he had terrible scabs some of which were infected, the RSPCA vet had to take all but 9 of his teeth out and said he would have been in a lot of pain. He was hard work to begin with, scared of everything and everyone but gradually he began to trust us and became quite mischievous even naughty in a confident way that was pleasing to see. We have a large garden and he would run full out whooping for joy, he loved the beach at Perranporth which is only 2 miles away. We had him for three years, he had a heart attack and died running full belt round the garden, we were heartbroken. Anyway, having to be rescued from his "rescuers" it's beyond belief, the RSPCA prosecuted them but they were told off and fined a couple of quid.

Thank you for what you did.....we have a rescue bichon frise (ex breeding girl from a puppy farm). She spent the first six years of her life in a wire cage being bred constantly. We are determined that she will have the best second half of her life....she's been to the beach and the forest already in our motorhome. Truth is, she was the main reason that we decided to take the plunge and buy one....we couldn't bear to leave her at home while we went on holiday.

So now Belle, and our little chihuahua Lola go on holiday all the time with us

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
Following on from my last post, here are Belle and Lola waiting to go last Saturday.

They knew we were packing the van....
image.jpg

Belle sleeps between the cab seats, on her blanket. Lola sleeps with me because she gets very cold so she needs to snuggle up with someone.

Upvote 0

marcus153

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630 Mercedes
Exp
Mine has the run of the house but is quite well behaved so stays downstairs in her bed (so she can monitor the activities of the neighbours cat!) Then in the middle of the night try and jump through the patio door!

Attachments

• P1010441.JPG
    P1010441.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
After reading these posts I've come to the conclusion I've gone soft. My 2 scotties get cuddled all night long.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
well if you've met us at a rally, you will know we travel with the pack. minimum 3 but sometimes 4 staffies who need a bit of room. dependant on the temperature they sleep on the floor by the hab door, or in the cab, but when cold snuggle up in bed with us. i know it's not everybody's idea of how to do it, but too us, our dogs are as important as our kids and loved equally. i can't understand shutting the dogs out in a tent, under the van, in the garage or in a closed crate, as to me that can be construed as being cruel. but we are all different and what works for us may not work for others

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Our Border Collie sleeps in his own well comfy bed, but.... by morning time, he usually wangles his way up on the bed beside us....View attachment 72573
Why have you got into the dogs bed?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He looks so comfy.

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
Hahaha....they all look soooooo guilty!!!

I would check under the covers if I were you!

Upvote 0

dac5

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
york
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer
Exp
march 2014
Our 3 labradors sleep on the rear bed and we fit in round them, Nice and warm and they never get up at 6 am as they do at home. So a lie in for all bliss.
Dean

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
When we bought our motorhome I was adamant that our dogs wouldn't be sleeping in the bed.

A. Because whenever we sell it, buyers will understandably not want a dog bed to sleep in and B. Because we've had one with single beds, in the hope that the dogs would sleep on the floor between us.

Belle (bichon frise) has obeyed the rules....in fact, she slinks off to the lounge area and finds her own comfy place. Lola (chihuahua) had different ideas, she lasted until about 3 in the morning of our first overnighter. I couldn't stand her crying any longer so I picked her up and put her by my feet. She was like a block of ice, poor little sausage was freezing

So now she sleeps tucked in behind my knees or by my feet so at least we get some sleep.....until she decides to wriggle up beside me and do her starfish impression. How much room does one tiny chi need??????

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
On the rare occasions we've left the door open and given ours free reign they've always both started on our bed for the novelty of it. Then they move to the drop down bed if Joseph is with us. Then try the floor. Then through the night one or other of them periodically comes back to check on us and make sure we're still where they left us.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Our border terrier sleeps on the floor between the twin beds . In Pug, our PVC .
We're lucky as if he did do what @Nirvanauk dog does he's not big enough to stick his bum in Ralph's face. Plus he's normally asleep when we wake up. He's very lazy on a morning and often doesn't have his first wee till after 10 am !View attachment 72511

Following on from our other post. This is where Buster sleeps.
image.jpg

He does have a bed , between the cab seats. He slept soundly with Ruby our other Border in that. But now she's no longer with us , he prefers this spot.

Upvote 0

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Nelson sleeps on the floor between our single beds at night. While we drive hes up front between our seats.
He is a rescue too. Hes a very sociable and easy boy but doesnt do being left. So he goes everywhere with us.
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back