Where does your dog sleep?....

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Nelly font, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Nelly font

Nelly font

Ok so I have now worked out how to get the spare bed to resemble a cot for my 18 month old but now for the dog!! I don't have much floor space so can't fit a grate in. I am considering a pop up tent but wouldn't bother to put it up if only going for a night or 2 has anyone put there dog in the garage?? He is a working/pet spaniel so although he loves a sofa he is used to my car boot! I just want him to be safe and secure at night. Any ideas?.

2. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Our 18 month lab sleeps between the two of us in our PVC and to be fair to her she doesn't move all night. In the morning she starts licking my wife's face and as a consequence sticks her bum in mine.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Nelly font

Nelly font

Hmmmmmm.... I am sure he would love it but i like to keep my bed to myself!! He is mainly an outside dog so would prob find it too hot.

4. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Under the yellow rose bush, Dabryn Way St Stephen Cornwall

• Like Like x 3
  5. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Meg sleeps in a ruff n tuff bed in the drivers footwell. This position was her choice even though its full of pedals. I am hoping Spice will take the passenger side footwell, there is more room but there may be a draft as there is a door on that side.
    In my experience dogs will sleep where they want to, often preferring a 'defensible' space, though this may be because our dogs sleep in cages/crates at home (with the doors open) and the enclosed footwells ( with seats rotated) are a bit similar.
    I wouldn't shut a dog in anywhere, they are a brilliant security guard but obviously only if they have access to all parts of the van. We train ours not to wake us in the morning unless they are bursting.

6. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Ours sleep on double diner made into bed, I usually step on them when getting out of overcab.:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andy

Andy Funster

Maggie sleeps between front seats/in footwells.............and her 'habits, -( bad wind in the morning ) is better than any alarm clock..........(I'm above in drop down bed).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nelly font

Nelly font

Thanks I hadn't considered the passenger footwell, I like having him near for security mine and his lol but he is an outdoor dog and tends to get hot inside he won't get up at night or early in the morning my toddler gets up before him anyway lol I will see if I can fit his bed in thanks for the idea.

9. Andy

Andy Funster

Maggie sleeps between front seats/in footwells.............and her 'habits, -( bad wind in the morning :eek::sick: ) is better than any alarm clock.......... :whistle: (I'm above in drop down bed).

10. Allanm

Allanm Funster

We have a Lab and a Beagle. They both sleep in their beds on the floor. Normally, at around 6:30, the Beagle (Jeremy) will jump on the bottom of the bed and sleep there till one of us gets up and lets him out. They both sleep at home with us in the bedroom, he has the same routine there.

11. Ranger

Ranger Funster

Ours a collie sleeps in her own bed in the drivers footwell, with the seat turned round she is in an almost covered in space which makes her feel secure and does not wake until 9am.

12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

It did look unsanitary didn't it but usually a panel van conversion has two single beds separated by walk space.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Mine sleep where they like.:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nelly font

Nelly font

Ahh as a total newbie I had a lovely image in my head lol but now you have cleared that up thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zoppydog

Zoppydog Funster

Our Spaniel sleeps in the drivers footwell, with her bed, but usually joins us about 06:00 till we get up!

16. lorger

lorger Funster

Our Jack Russell sleeps in his cage between the two front seats, it's one of those plastic cat ones you get.

17. Nelly font

Nelly font

We are going for the footwell trial next weekend thanks everyone :0) image.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  18. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

Our Dalmatian sleeps where he likes!
    Only kidding, I know where he'd like to, being a dally he lets you know every night but eventually curls up on his bed and I drop a blanket on top of him. He has always wanted to sleep under cover and this guarrantees a quiet night for all concerned. Except for the snoring, his and mine!!
    In the morning he likes to join me in my single bed Keswick 6AM visitor.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  19. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

we used garage for boxer but left connecting door to living space open, worked well. Now new van and dog, goldendoodle sleeps under table.

20. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

We have 2 cairns ... They both sleep on their own sheepskin rugs under our bed but if it's really cold Tilly sneaks up to our bed and curls at the back of my knees when we're asleep to keep warm.