Where do you live

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by FullTimeDreamer, Sep 24, 2009.

1. FullTimeDreamer

FullTimeDreamer Read Only Funster

I am still working on our finances, but it is made more difficult because we don't know how or where we will will spend our days. I am sure that after we start it will become easier but a bit of help now would be good.

Where do you live, are you mostly abroad and just back here for the summer, how long do you stay in one place. I know everyone is different but if I have an idea about what we might end up doing it will help. THANK YOU FUNSTERS:Smile:

2. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

I live full time on a site in Cornwall which costs £60pw inclusive (EHU, showers & washing up station)
    I am still working full time but hope to take early retirement at 60yrs old and go off and live the rest of the dream.

Not forgetting there is road tax, MOT, gas, repairs/replacements and fuel to calculate depending on how many miles your going to travel during a month.

Hope this helps.

Boo

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i live up the road from boo .we keep saying we will meet one day but never do. maybe we will. i do have parking for a large camper here that can be used if anyone needs a passing place to park . have fun summer is only round the corner. starts nov finishes in april. cheers alan.

4. johng

johng Read Only Funster

I am the same as boo, but about 200 miles East...

and a bit younger :Rofl1:

Boo, aiming for attempt #2 on Cornwall next weekend (1st)

J

5. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Younger? there is no-one younger than me on this forum..............You mean mentally right? :BigGrin:
    Plenty of room on the site now all the tourists have gone john :Smile:

Alan, I will pop up this weekend if your about mate? I also lost your mobile number so if you can give me it again in a pm. :Wink:

Boo

6. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: Most of the time in Spain in one place now. But used to be on the road around Europe and spend all our summers in the UK. :thumb:

7. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

I live in my house surrounded by thick walls and tiles on the roof.

Come the weekend though and the endless holidays we get I tend to like my back garden to be a 1000 places, so in a way we are 1/2 time having slept the equivalent 8 months in our motorhome in 4 years. :BigGrin:

Not sure I would want to full time and work like boo? each to their own and all that but for me it would have to be all that and nothing else. Only another 25 years and Im on the road.:thumb:

8. teensvan

teensvan Read Only Funster

Hi.

We have fulltimed for the past 3 1/2 years. Try to spend winters in Spain and summer in the UK. It has gone to pot this year and shall spend winter in the UK. Hopefully we shall do a 6 month summer trip in 2010 aoiund the french aires down the weat coast or Brittany.

steve & ann. ------------ teensvan

9. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

And just to make a Quorum - I live just down the road from both Boo and VWAlan - in Cornwall. Nice place to be at any time of the year - get's my vote, anyway! :thumb:

10. JJ

JJ Funster

I have full timed and (sort of) worked for nearly twenty years now. I rarely use camp sites but I have been on my own for that period so don't mind parking here and there all over the UK and Europe.

Over the years you build up knowledge of where to stop and where not to... the freedom and change of scenery, the different places and people... superb.

It has been (and continues to be) a fabulous period of my life.

JJ

11. Beachbum

Beachbum Read Only Funster

Like Boo, VWalan and Moandick I hail from Porthtowan, Cornwall. I seem to have a different lifestyle. 3/4 months in Asia for winter, 3/4 months Summer in Spain, Portugal or Italy. This is every year. Scotland for a month in Oct/Nov see family in Inverness. The rest around home with weekend trips when it is nice. One thing I hate is the cold.

12. vwalan

vwalan Funster

cold its that already .summer is coming nov to april .but not here. we will have to have a cornwall get together soon. bet ian will be here in a minute.

13. tantanell

tantanell Read Only Funster

hi there, mind telling me your route to Asia? I'm assuming you go in your motorhome. all sounds ideal!

14. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

Now there's a topic for a facinating post

15. davejen

davejen Funster

Hi, Alan, Coming down to sunny Cornwall for xmas/new year- between Falmouth and Truro, would love to meet up with fellow funsters. We are coming 17 Dec to 8 Jan.
    Cheers, Dave &Jen:thumb:

16. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hope to be in maroc then ,sorry but if not would be ok.supposed to be leaving early nov but things might change you know what its like.loaded n ready to go . health check on the 2nd then if ok off we go.after 6 opps on my throat its hopefully ok as been for 12 mths but dont like having the camera stuffed up my nose never know what they find. keep my fingers crossed . might be seeing boo on sat for a coffee . any way have a nice time down here .cheers alan.

17. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

About time we had a reply from a Northern Monkey! We live in a very small village in the North Yorkshire Dales between Barnard Castle and Richmond. Right on the Durham Yorkshire border and only 45 minutes from the Lake District. Despite it being (IMHO) one of the loveliest places in the UK to live we are trying desperately to find a way to bugger off in the van for a few years. Been away 124 days since Jan this year which isn’t bad considering we are both still working. Anyone want to rent a 250 year old stone built cottage 4 doors from a Michelin awarded pub/restaurant with miles of fields out the back and room to park your van start making me offers. Mind you you will have to pass Mrs D's scrutiny test first. Sometimes she doesn’t even let me in the house.

:Smile:

18. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

We must be almost be Neighbours

19. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

Im in Hutton Magna, where are you then?

20. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Anywhere and everywhere - Beginnig September we were in Worcester then went to Manchester for a few days dropped down to Somerset for the 11th to 14th then over to Suffolk for a few days then to Louth for a few days on to the Lincoln show down to Somerset for 3 days then up to Cardiff for a rally and Cliff and the Shadows for a week now to Somerset for 3 days then - have not decided which order but will be a week in Cornwall, a week in Dorset, probably a week in Isle of Wight then 10 days in Kent possible a quick foray into Essex for a couple of days then back to Somerset for a few days - don't know from there on have not made mind up yet for the rest of the year but most of next year is already planned out in principal from easter onwards - a few rallies - a couple of shows - a trip to Belgium and France - possibly on to the Rhine and Mosselle. In between a few trips around the UK - if the weather is good then poss Scotland - as I say anywhere and everywhere :thumb: If we stand still too long might just as well have a house and spend all week looking after the garden :cry: