Where Do People Fill Up With Water En Route? (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Are there many petrol stations still with water taps? Do they frown on people filling up motorhome water tanks?

I don't have accessible water at my storage site and would like to fill the tank prior to arriving at the Newbury show. I'm anticipating that I probably won't be able to drive up to a standpipe at the show. Using my watering can will probably take the entire weekend :Eeek:.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Hi Jane we are able to fill up at home now but used to fill up at BP garages as i found they always had a tap to use and didn't mind (y)

Rob

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
If you are a member of the C&CC you can use their facilities for up to 3hours to fill, empty, and use the facilities. At £7 might be a bit expensive, but the alternative of walking back and forth with a watering can seems less attractive.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I had to fill at a SHELL station and all they had was a little bent fille, for screen washer bottles, it took yonks to make a tiny difference but at least I had some water on board.
I would rather dehydrate/ die of thirst that give the CCC £7 to use a tap after having to join the party as well.Especially if you have to get to a site to get it. Wildcamper POI have water sites on the TomTom and GPS maps, cemeteries are always a likely source of water.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
When I was at Newbury a couple of years ago I seem to remember reasonable and accessible stand pipes.

But don't quote me on that.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just fill up at Newbury, it will have places for you to be able to fill up using a hose.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We use garages when we go for diesel church yards but pleas do use them with discretion
cemetery's always have a tap agene with respect and discretion allotment owners are grate buy sum veges from them and a lot of allotment have a tap
most pubs will give you water if you have bought a meal
I have never been stuck for water in all the time motor homing
BILL

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I normally fill up before leaving home - I have installed a dedicated outside tap that feeds direct from the water softener. On the road, apart from camp sites, we have filled up at various odd places - here are some of them:
  • Public toilets in the Highlands (they often have an external tap)
  • Yacht marinas and harbours
  • Garages
  • Church yards (often have a tap for watering flowers)
  • and once - an artists studio in Portree

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Jane we fill a couple of ten litre containers that we fill at home when attending the shows this gives us a couple of days worth and then top up at the shows at our leisure(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not sure where were going to be pitched yet, but normally there are plenty of places to fill up on the showground. (y)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
If you are a member of the C&CC you can use their facilities for up to 3hours to fill, empty, and use the facilities. At £7 might be a bit expensive, but the alternative of walking back and forth with a watering can seems less attractive.

Link Removed

I have been to a couple of C&CC sites and found that if you just want some water they won't charge you the full £7, just put a couple of quid in the collection box. They spend the cash they get this way on flowers / plants for the site.

Paul

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
When we travel to and from Spain from the UK we just fill and use a 10ltr water container, why would you want more?
sbathroom_bath_100-1041.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back