Where do I get my Equity card??? (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Well, if you thought I was a Diva before, there is absolutely no hope for me now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK, here is the story.

Four days ago the owner of the camp-site in Spain where we are staying came to ask me and my friend, Mary, if we would be willing to take part in a Spanish Documentary for Canal Sur television called '75 minutes'. It's a programme that is shown every week about things going on in Andalucia.

He said this episode was about people (usually retired but not always) who spend their winter months here. The catch was that you had to be able to converse in Spanish:whatthe:. As Mary & I can both hold a reasonable conversation 'en espanol' we agreed to explore the request further.

We were told we would receive a call from the production company to ask us some questions, which we reckon was really to check that we could hold our own when conversing in Spanish. Anyway, the production team did call and whilst it was harrowing it was also exciting and they told us that they would speak to the producer and let us know. Very much a case of 'don't call us, we'll call you...' so we forgot all about it

Anyway, the next evening the camp-site owner came running up to the van, mobile phone in hand, to say that the TV company wanted to speak to me. I spoke to them and they told me that they wanted to send a TV crew to site the next morning to film us doing what we normally do and that they would be with us for the day, following us, filming us and having us do 'pieces to camera' (apparently an industry term :ROFLMAO:)

When they asked me what I normally did on a Friday I had to think fast! The first thing I NORMALLY do on a Friday is to don a bright red swimming hat, goggles and a swimsuit and go to the local swimming pool for an hours exercise - and there was NO WAY I was going to reveal THAT and have them follow me there :whatthe::Eeek::ROFLMAO::Doh:

I was beside myself with excitement and Mary said she was feeling physically sick :ROFLMAO: and although we were told not to tell anyone because everyone around us had to act naturally, we called a 'council of war' and asked our good friends Annette and Jackie to help. We made plans for the following day which turned out to be a waste of time but what a giggle we had over a bottle of wine.:wine:

We could hardly sleep that night and any notion of a lie-in for any of us was ridiculous. We were all up earlier than at any other time since we have been here and even had our faces on before breakfast :ROFLMAO:.

The next day - Friday the 4th March 2010 - was the big day!

They arrived on site and after filming me in my motorhome they whisked us into town where they filmed us having coffee opposite the seafront market which we normally visit every Friday. We then returned to the camp-site and were filmed eating lunchtime tapas in the on-site bar. They did film whilst they 'interviewed' us, but to be honest the laid back attitude and time constraints the TV crew placed on themselves meant that they didn't film us visiting the local fish market, cooking boquerones and having a casual lunch with friends - which IS a more typical day for us.

We felt a little let-down in the end, but that may have been down to our expectations - it was a bit like sex, the lead up to it was brilliant and exciting but the climax was a bit disappointing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, we had a great time doing it and whilst it might not be up-to the standard of 'The Kings Speech' (so I was told :winky:) the camp-site owner thanked me profusely and said he is bringing me an Oscar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not sure when it will be aired - if at all :RollEyes: but they did say it would be in the next 3 weeks. They did say that they will send a copy of the broadcast on DVD to the site and I'm sure that I will get my hands on a copy so watch this space :Cool::thumb:

Suzy.

[HI](Please Note: I am available for personal appearances, supermarket openings, bah mitzvah's etc. Please speak to 'my people' who will check my diary and get back to you ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:)[/HI]

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the camp-site owner thanked me profusely and said he is bringing me an Oscar
Suzy.

Then for your sake we all hope that Oscar, "el Stud Hernandez", performs better than whoever disappointed you last time.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We felt a little let-down in the end, but that may have been down to our expectations -
it was a bit like sex, the lead up to it was brilliant and exciting but the climax was a bit disappointing
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I do not think you can be doing it right:ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I am now your manager
just sign here......................................................................
and here............................................................................

Only 40% plus all residuals to me

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Don't get your hopes up too much Suzy. Look what happened to El Dorado. :ROFLMAO:

Glad to hear that you are having a great time. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Suzy and Mary
glad you enjoyed your day of fame!
all sounds very familiar. we did a similar one two years ago at Cabo de Gata for the same channel, subject matter healthy lifestyle. the crew filmed on campsite, then followed three motorhomes to a local beach (actually filming us in our van while driving along, insisting on loud music!). they got stopped and fined by police for filming without a licence in a national park. had a great picnic on the beach, long table set up with heaps of "healthy" food - and wine::bigsmile:, - and again were filmed showing to camera all the wonderful food being eaten. Lesley then decided to have a paddle before returning to site, Stephen told the film crew she was going skinny dipping, and they hurtled down after her. much to their surprise there was indeed a couple there skinny dipping, so the crew weren't disappointed:roflmto: we were able to watch it on canal sur iplayer for a month after it was shown on spanish tv. a day's filming ended up as only 5 minutes of fame though, so bit of an anticlimax. but great fun::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
at cabo at the moment and the regulars are still talking about it...

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
well done Suzy, sounds like you had a great time. I am sure they thought it was worth it, my only worry is that you will never come back here to the funsters because you are having sucha great time ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
OMG thank god Bryan was not as well versed in Spanish as you otherwise he would want his own show or shopping channel.

Really glad you had fun Suzy:winky: what colour was Marie's hair for the day?:winky:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi Suzy

Couldn't make filming the other day but managed to get a few pics as i was passing!
:winky:

Attachments

• JeremyKyle008.jpg
    JeremyKyle008.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 37
  • JeremyKyle012.jpg
    JeremyKyle012.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 29
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Suzy the Starlet.

Its sounds as if you are having a great time down there and not only are you getting healthy you are starting a new career as a Diva.

We will all want to see the finished result if you ever get back here to Blightly. You may well be snapped up for a reality show "Funsters take Spain" .

Enjoy and hopefully see you soon.

Sonja

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Well played you guys - hope Lord Jim got your MHF stickers out to you in time!!!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well what a great time you are having ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: what did you wear , which shoes etc ( bet you wore those great salsa shoes)

We shall have to have a Spanish film nite meet (with some tapas n vino) on your return

As mentioned in a prev post you wont want to come back to us funsters in the UK - but the sun is shining glorious today

Love to all ...see you soon hopefully

John n Kath x

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
HI Suzy
Diva Eh!! Didnt even know you could swim:ROFLMAO:
theres a guy selling an air tank on the forum any good to you:thumb:
Sounds like your all having a ball, and so you should::bigsmile:
My main question is just what did Mr 10% get out of it:winky:
Geo

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Great story Suzy ........We all knew you were a Diva ...we didn't know you were an International Diva :winky:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Are you "tweeting" and your facebook page is ? We all need to be "fans"::bigsmile:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
What a hoot Suzy, well done you!!!

I do hope Bryan can now keep you in the fashion that you can easily become accustomed to!

Do we need to book appointments in advance to approach you at Funster turn outs. LOL

Nice one Girlie

Love
Andrea
xxx

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nice one Sooz !!!

But,,,,, come on !!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Removed

Bring it on baby !!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Get an Equity card Suzy... on one performance... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Many years ago I had to submit 10 contracts before I could join... real Catch 22 in those days... non Equity, sorry no contract. but need 10 to get a card...

...all different now...

JJ

...sad to learn of disappointing performances though...:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks for all your replies/comments, l I knew I could rely on you lot to bring me back down to earth! :ROFLMAO:

It was a laugh and to my knowledge no one was harmed in the making :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My fellow 'film stars' just happened to be funsters - please see credits below :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mary - degzy
Annette - gordieboy
Jackie - Jackiehunt

I'm sure that if any of the filming makes it past the reject bin we will find a way of putting it on this site - honest!::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
You'll have to give me your autograph now when we catch up again..................preferabley on a cheque LOL x:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back