Where do I get my Equity card???

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Suzy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Suzy

Suzy Funster

Well, if you thought I was a Diva before, there is absolutely no hope for me now :Rofl1::Rofl1:

OK, here is the story.

Four days ago the owner of the camp-site in Spain where we are staying came to ask me and my friend, Mary, if we would be willing to take part in a Spanish Documentary for Canal Sur television called '75 minutes'. It's a programme that is shown every week about things going on in Andalucia.

He said this episode was about people (usually retired but not always) who spend their winter months here. The catch was that you had to be able to converse in Spanish:Eek!:. As Mary & I can both hold a reasonable conversation 'en espanol' we agreed to explore the request further.

We were told we would receive a call from the production company to ask us some questions, which we reckon was really to check that we could hold our own when conversing in Spanish. Anyway, the production team did call and whilst it was harrowing it was also exciting and they told us that they would speak to the producer and let us know. Very much a case of 'don't call us, we'll call you...' so we forgot all about it

Anyway, the next evening the camp-site owner came running up to the van, mobile phone in hand, to say that the TV company wanted to speak to me. I spoke to them and they told me that they wanted to send a TV crew to site the next morning to film us doing what we normally do and that they would be with us for the day, following us, filming us and having us do 'pieces to camera' (apparently an industry term :Rofl1:)

When they asked me what I normally did on a Friday I had to think fast! The first thing I NORMALLY do on a Friday is to don a bright red swimming hat, goggles and a swimsuit and go to the local swimming pool for an hours exercise - and there was NO WAY I was going to reveal THAT and have them follow me there :Eek!::Eeek::Rofl1::Doh:

I was beside myself with excitement and Mary said she was feeling physically sick :Rofl1: and although we were told not to tell anyone because everyone around us had to act naturally, we called a 'council of war' and asked our good friends Annette and Jackie to help. We made plans for the following day which turned out to be a waste of time but what a giggle we had over a bottle of wine.:wine:

We could hardly sleep that night and any notion of a lie-in for any of us was ridiculous. We were all up earlier than at any other time since we have been here and even had our faces on before breakfast :Rofl1:.

The next day - Friday the 4th March 2010 - was the big day!

They arrived on site and after filming me in my motorhome they whisked us into town where they filmed us having coffee opposite the seafront market which we normally visit every Friday. We then returned to the camp-site and were filmed eating lunchtime tapas in the on-site bar. They did film whilst they 'interviewed' us, but to be honest the laid back attitude and time constraints the TV crew placed on themselves meant that they didn't film us visiting the local fish market, cooking boquerones and having a casual lunch with friends - which IS a more typical day for us.

We felt a little let-down in the end, but that may have been down to our expectations - it was a bit like sex, the lead up to it was brilliant and exciting but the climax was a bit disappointing :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Anyway, we had a great time doing it and whilst it might not be up-to the standard of 'The Kings Speech' (so I was told :Wink:) the camp-site owner thanked me profusely and said he is bringing me an Oscar :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Not sure when it will be aired - if at all :RollEyes: but they did say it would be in the next 3 weeks. They did say that they will send a copy of the broadcast on DVD to the site and I'm sure that I will get my hands on a copy so watch this space :Cool::thumb:

Suzy.

[HI](Please Note: I am available for personal appearances, supermarket openings, bah mitzvah's etc. Please speak to 'my people' who will check my diary and get back to you :BigGrin::Rofl1:)[/HI]

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Then for your sake we all hope that Oscar, "el Stud Hernandez", performs better than whoever disappointed you last time.

3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

We felt a little let-down in the end, but that may have been down to our expectations -
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

I do not think you can be doing it right:Rofl1::Eeek:

4. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

I am now your manager
    just sign here......................................................................
    and here............................................................................

Only 40% plus all residuals to me

5. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Don't get your hopes up too much Suzy. Look what happened to El Dorado. :Rofl1:

Glad to hear that you are having a great time. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

6. steles

steles Read Only Funster

Hi Suzy and Mary
    glad you enjoyed your day of fame!
    all sounds very familiar. we did a similar one two years ago at Cabo de Gata for the same channel, subject matter healthy lifestyle. the crew filmed on campsite, then followed three motorhomes to a local beach (actually filming us in our van while driving along, insisting on loud music!). they got stopped and fined by police for filming without a licence in a national park. had a great picnic on the beach, long table set up with heaps of "healthy" food - and wine:BigGrin:, - and again were filmed showing to camera all the wonderful food being eaten. Lesley then decided to have a paddle before returning to site, Stephen told the film crew she was going skinny dipping, and they hurtled down after her. much to their surprise there was indeed a couple there skinny dipping, so the crew weren't disappointed:Laughing: we were able to watch it on canal sur iplayer for a month after it was shown on spanish tv. a day's filming ended up as only 5 minutes of fame though, so bit of an anticlimax. but great fun:BigGrin::BigGrin:
    at cabo at the moment and the regulars are still talking about it...

7. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

well done Suzy, sounds like you had a great time. I am sure they thought it was worth it, my only worry is that you will never come back here to the funsters because you are having sucha great time :BigGrin:

8. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

OMG thank god Bryan was not as well versed in Spanish as you otherwise he would want his own show or shopping channel.

Really glad you had fun Suzy:Wink: what colour was Marie's hair for the day?:Wink:

9. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Hi Suzy

Couldn't make filming the other day but managed to get a few pics as i was passing!
    :Wink:

Attached Files:

10. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Can you imagine Bryan and Suzy on Jeremy Kyle show:Doh::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

I am addicted to a motorhome forum:Wink:

11. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Suzy the Starlet.

Its sounds as if you are having a great time down there and not only are you getting healthy you are starting a new career as a Diva.

We will all want to see the finished result if you ever get back here to Blightly. You may well be snapped up for a reality show "Funsters take Spain" .

Enjoy and hopefully see you soon.

Sonja

12. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

Well played you guys - hope Lord Jim got your MHF stickers out to you in time!!!

13. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Well what a great time you are having :BigGrin::BigGrin: what did you wear , which shoes etc ( bet you wore those great salsa shoes)

We shall have to have a Spanish film nite meet (with some tapas n vino) on your return

As mentioned in a prev post you wont want to come back to us funsters in the UK - but the sun is shining glorious today

Love to all ...see you soon hopefully

John n Kath x

14. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

HI Suzy
    Diva Eh!! Didnt even know you could swim:Rofl1:
    theres a guy selling an air tank on the forum any good to you:thumb:
    Sounds like your all having a ball, and so you should:BigGrin:
    My main question is just what did Mr 10% get out of it:Wink:
    Geo

15. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Great story Suzy ........We all knew you were a Diva ...we didn't know you were an International Diva :Wink:
    :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

16. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Are you "tweeting" and your facebook page is ? We all need to be "fans":BigGrin:

17. the stig

the stig Funster

What a hoot Suzy, well done you!!!

I do hope Bryan can now keep you in the fashion that you can easily become accustomed to!

Do we need to book appointments in advance to approach you at Funster turn outs. LOL

Nice one Girlie

Love
    Andrea
    xxx

18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Nice one Sooz !!!

But,,,,, come on !!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Bring it on baby !!!!!!!!!! :Rofl1:

19. JJ

JJ Funster

Get an Equity card Suzy... on one performance... :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

Many years ago I had to submit 10 contracts before I could join... real Catch 22 in those days... non Equity, sorry no contract. but need 10 to get a card...

...all different now...

JJ

...sad to learn of disappointing performances though...:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

20. Suzy

Suzy Funster

Thanks for all your replies/comments, l I knew I could rely on you lot to bring me back down to earth! :Rofl1:

It was a laugh and to my knowledge no one was harmed in the making :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

My fellow 'film stars' just happened to be funsters - please see credits below :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Mary - degzy
    Annette - gordieboy
    Jackie - Jackiehunt

I'm sure that if any of the filming makes it past the reject bin we will find a way of putting it on this site - honest!:BigGrin: