where can we go New Years Eve? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
As it my birthday on NYE (please no presents!) I know there is rally at Telford but it's quite a hike to from Devon.

Any other suggestions.

colyboy

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Exmouth. One of the top ten places for New Year in the UK and you can park on the sea front. We will be there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
We have gone to Bruges several times and going again this year it's a great night
Neil

PhilandSandy

Free Member
Aug 17, 2016
Funster No
We live in Cornwall so Thankyou this has given us some ideas

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
As you live so close to "Gods county" of Cornwall.. Why don't you go to St Ives ???
It has about 20,000 to 30,000 people who turn up and have a ball ( Apparently ).
All in fancy dress.
It beats a bottle of bubbly and Jules Holland I suppose !!!
Mitch.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Trouble is that it isn't official and if you have a New years drink and the Police breathalyse you your in trouble! Parked on a road in charge of a vehicle

You can't claim your overnighting as officially your expected to move to a campsite at night

A hell of a risk to be honest.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
As you live so close to "Gods county" of Cornwall.. Why don't you go to St Ives ???
It has about 20,000 to 30,000 people who turn up and have a ball ( Apparently ).
All in fancy dress.
It beats a bottle of bubbly and Jules Holland I suppose !!!
Mitch.

We went to St Ives for NYE last year and it was amazing :)

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
What is going on in Telford please. Barrie

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
How's their electricity supply now? Last time I was there for New Year we had a total out for hours on a freezing night, the board nearly caught fire, according to the electrician who mended it.
Guess we are going to find out, but thanks for the heads up I will make sure we have a full gas bottle. :)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Guess we are going to find out, but thanks for the heads up I will make sure we have a full gas bottle. :)
I have to say it was a few years ago, plenty of time for them to get it fixed. They do a good NY bash, and are good people. Customers would have stopped going by now if it was repeated too often. Actually, I regret the posting. You could at least ask them was it fixed.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We did St Ives three NYEs ago and had a fantastic time. The whole town gets dressed up and we found a restaurant which, if you booked a meal, they kept the table for you all night, even while you wandered round the streets and bars.

We enjoyed it so much we tried to book the same site the following year (Ayr Park) but they were full up and have been every NYE since.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We enjoyed it so much we tried to book the same site the following year (Ayr Park) but they were full up and have been every NYE since.

We stayed at Ayr Park last Christmas and NYE - booked in August (y)

We 'd stayed there the previous Christmas on one of the pitches at the bottom of the slope so re-booked the same pitch - unfortunately this time it rained a lot and, unless we wanted to be towed off every day, we were stranded. Can't think of a nicer place to be stuck though :)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Foyers was great last year.

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Trouble is that it isn't official and if you have a New years drink and the Police breathalyse you your in trouble! Parked on a road in charge of a vehicle

You can't claim your overnighting as officially your expected to move to a campsite at night

A hell of a risk to be honest.
Just wondering. How many motorhomers have been arrested while sleeping in the back after a few sherbets in the UK in the last year? Just want to know how big this 'hell of a risk' is before I do it.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Just wondering. How many motorhomers have been arrested while sleeping in the back after a few sherbets in the UK in the last year? Just want to know how big this 'hell of a risk' is before I do it.
Personally I'd happily have a couple of beers sat in the van in a distinct lay by, motorhome services or Aires, have done many times.

I think that that is a world of difference from parking on the road along the Seafront. Parking at Exmouth is completely unofficial and subject to quite a bit of argument at moment (was down there last weekend)

I would happily spend a night parked on the road along the front in the knowledge that if Mr Plodd asked me to move I would moan, argue and then acquiesce if I didn't get anywhere

Saying that I couldn't drive as I had been drinking wouldn't be a great idea lol

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Personally I'd happily have a couple of beers sat in the van in a distinct lay by, motorhome services or Aires, have done many times.

I think that that is a world of difference from parking on the road along the Seafront. Parking at Exmouth is completely unofficial and subject to quite a bit of argument at moment (was down there last weekend)

I would happily spend a night parked on the road along the front in the knowledge that if Mr Plodd asked me to move I would moan, argue and then acquiesce if I didn't get anywhere

Saying that I couldn't drive as I had been drinking wouldn't be a great idea lol
Not quite true. Parking bays in Exmouth seafront are policed by East Devon Council but are owned by Devon County Council and they quoted in August this year there is no restriction to motorhomes parking on certain bays on the sea front as long as they comply with parking restrictions. The restrictions are; You can stay for 24 hours and then you must leave for four hours before returning. That is the official line and Mr Plod will not move you on unless you break these rules and a complaint has been raised.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Not quite true. Parking bays in Exmouth seafront are policed by East Devon Council but are owned by Devon County Council and they quoted in August this year there is no restriction to motorhomes parking on certain bays on the sea front as long as they comply with parking restrictions. The restrictions are; You can stay for 24 hours and then you must leave for four hours before returning. That is the official line and Mr Plod will not move you on unless you break these rules and a complaint has been raised.
Parking overnight, is a world of difference than parking in a bay on the road under the influence of drink or drugs. IF someone was being a knob and someone complain to the old bill and you were under the influence you'd be done

Moving off if the Police asked you to I am sure wouldn't be an issue

However, try it lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back