Where Can I Buy a MiFi in France or Spain (pref unlocked)? (1 Viewer)

Andy in Lossie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Done a bit
Hy guys thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday yesterday (y). We are currently on the Isle D'Oleron on our way south for the winter and have managed ok in the UK with our IBoost but so far in France, WiFi has been very difficult to find as we have only used one camp site (all Aires otherwise so far).

I should have bought a MiFi from Amazon before we left but was hanging on until the 4G models reduced in price a bit but didn't (should still have got a 3G job as minimum though).

So ..... does anyone know where I can buy a MiFi (preferebly unlocked) in France, Portugal or Spain? We'll be going through Galicia for a few weeks and then down through Portugal to eventually arrive in the south of Spain.

Many thanks in advance.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Gosh, one answer might be to buy one in the UK and have it delivered to a relative, then get them to send it by courier to a campsite you are on.

OP
OP
Andy in Lossie

Andy in Lossie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Done a bit
Gosh, one answer might be to buy one in the UK and have it delivered to a relative, then get them to send it by courier to a campsite you are on.

Thanks DBK, I did think of getting amazon to deliver to us somewhere once we are settled for the winter, but was hoping to have a steady signal for the IBoost by then. It's the travelling stage that seems to be difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You could buy a sim card or two at the same time. There is a rumour Three will work in Portugal in September.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
was hoping to have a steady signal for the IBoost by then.

Good luck with that ..
I've been trying with an iBoost for almost 2 years and still had little success .. even on sites with a wifi , the laptop was just as good without the iBoost ..

and try as I might, I couldn't connect to France Fon and there are few open wifi

sorry to digress..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would think any of the big supermarkets would sell unlocked MiFi units.
Could be wrong but they seem to sell everything and anything.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Good luck with that ..
I've been trying with an iBoost for almost 2 years and still had little success .. even on sites with a wifi , the laptop was just as good without the iBoost ..

and try as I might, I couldn't connect to France Fon and there are few open wifi

sorry to digress..
I'm glad you had no luck with fon , not for you but me, iv been trying four years to get any sense out of it, and yet some reckon it's the best thing since sliced bread, can't get to the bottom of it:(

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Try Media Mart store for MiFi...many in Spain and normally sited in big commercial centres.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Andy in Lossie

Andy in Lossie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Done a bit
Good luck with that ..

sorry to digress..

The IBoost has been really good on sites where "they" expect you to spend £5/device and then only give you a strong signal at reception. Using it as a network for all our phones and stuff has been pretty useful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back