Where are all the Funster's in Portugal? (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We are currently at the beautiful and very peaceful Barragem Do Arade. No facilities except a lovely place to spend a few quiet days.

Hope you haven't discovered my secret place behind the derelict restaurant... ;)

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpg
Wayda minnit
It's stopped raining......

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Ger, what have you done to thd weather there? It's lovely here. We not coming up that way if you've made it rain.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ger, what have you done to thd weather there? It's lovely here. We not coming up that way if you've made it rain.
I blame Cliff - he was very 'unrighteous' in the cathedral at Santiago yesterday and the rain hasn't stopped falling on him since - I unfortunately am 'unrighteous by association'.... But my prayers seem to have been answered and we are looking at a beautiful sunset in the making at Ortiguera! Hope you have a lovely time at the Barragem - at least your water is in the Lake and not in the sky! (y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Where are you now Phil ?
We are at campsite that we intended to stay at tomorrow
We gave the one we intended to stay at a miss due to weather this morning!
Watching Chelsea v Man U at Valladolid with Busman dave AND paying 4 sodding euros a pint in an Irish bar (my arse) and having to use my tablet to watch game cause the Spanish prefer Spanish football, even in an Irish bar.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
or both cassettes are full.

There is a proper sewage manhole near the old restaurant somewhere... Alan The Caravan (who stays on the lower level) told me about it and I saw a very proper and correct looking German in a really posh van wheeling his cassette towards the ruin...

I suggest you have a little scout around...

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
There is a proper sewage manhole near the old restaurant somewhere... Alan The Caravan (who stays on the lower level) told me about it and I saw a very proper and correct looking German in a really posh van wheeling his cassette towards the ruin...

I suggest you have a little scout around...

Thanks JJ. We went up there and had a look late afternoon. Found your secret spot (won't tell anyone) and found the manhole. That old place would make a lovely home, i wonder who ownes it.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Arrived in Portugal yesterday - never been here before - it was the day from hell!!
1. Stone chipped windscreen on new (to us) A class
2. Electronic toll read our number plate incorrectly so worrying about the implications of this and not sure what to do about it. **
3. After a 6 hour drive from Spain we bottomed out on the approach to our chosen site and then couldn't get up the slope to the pitches. Had to leave.
4. Whilst checking in a local man reversed into our new (to us) van
5. Strange fan whirring noise coming from under floor - took ages and lots of worrying to realise the blower on the heating has been accidentally switched on.
6. Another 3 hour drive before we arrived at a site that was open and accessible. Husband going crazy and totally knackered!
7. Came across a toll that had ticket booths and 2 other lanes which the locals were just driving through but not sure if these lanes were electronic toll lanes so ended up getting a toll ticket and paying cash at the other end - this was on the A14/IP3. **
7. It rained virtually all day.
8. Decided to get drunk and go to bed - good decision.

It's now Sunday morning, we're feeling rested and the weather looks to be behaving. We are just outside Figueira da Foz on Orbitur Gala site. Anyone else around?

** Would really appreciate any words of wisdom regarding these.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, we are at nazare, overnight parking in the town toletated. Must be 20 vans here. Good lication.Well worth a look.
You can empty loo at toilet next to market about 100 yards away, but haven't looked for water yet. Fab walk through the town and along the beach.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Welcome to Portugal, it is possible to alter the registration number on the system online via this site:

http://www.portugaltolls.pt/en/web/portal-de-portagens/home

click on 'how to pay' and then in the 'easytoll section about half way down is a section about changing the registration via phone or there is a link to do it online. In this section is a part labelled correcao de matriculas. The top box is for the number on your paper from the machine,the next one for the registration on the paper and the third one is for the new(correct) registration. I don't know about the 'username' box. If that does not work then try the telephone or I assume the registered details are very similar to the correct number then I would not worry, just keep the paper and if you are stopped(unlikely) then you have proof that you have tried to use the system. I have logged on at the border like this a few times and never ever been charged.

Alternatively you could cancel via the same link and use the online prepayment facility via the TOLLCARD section and the link 'BUY HERE', choose how much you want to pay and then follow the links, a bit of a faff but not complicated......I managed it:)

If you are on a motorway with toll booths then as far as I know foreign vehicles must pay, the drive through lanes will be for locals using a tag system.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Portugal it is a wonderful country.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Welcome to Portugal, it is possible to alter the registration number on the system online via this site:

http://www.portugaltolls.pt/en/web/portal-de-portagens/home

click on 'how to pay' and then in the 'easytoll section about half way down is a section about changing the registration via phone or there is a link to do it online. In this section is a part labelled correcao de matriculas. The top box is for the number on your paper from the machine,the next one for the registration on the paper and the third one is for the new(correct) registration. I don't know about the 'username' box. If that does not work then try the telephone or I assume the registered details are very similar to the correct number then I would not worry, just keep the paper and if you are stopped(unlikely) then you have proof that you have tried to use the system. I have logged on at the border like this a few times and never ever been charged.

Alternatively you could cancel via the same link and use the online prepayment facility via the TOLLCARD section and the link 'BUY HERE', choose how much you want to pay and then follow the links, a bit of a faff but not complicated......I managed it:)

If you are on a motorway with toll booths then as far as I know foreign vehicles must pay, the drive through lanes will be for locals using a tag system.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Portugal it is a wonderful country.
Thanks very much for all this useful information. It all makes sense now and we will try to change our reg via the website. It is only one letter out - the ANPR has read an X for a 4.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi
Regards the wrong Reg No. When the Tolls first started,we pulled in,had photo taken and Card Read,this was valid for 3 months,came back to England,swopped motors and came back,First wife "Does" money,(Thank goodness,if not i would have been repossesed years ago !) Asked her if any money had been taken,"No" she said,i checked the print out,One digit missing,hope the New owners miss out Portugal.
As said above,you have PROOF of your attempt to comply with the system,HOWEVER,the police have access to the Toll system,and some numbers of NON payers can be read roadside.
Enjoy the country,some tips. Failing to stop at a Stop sign is a No,No, and..."Parking faceing the wrong way on a street/road is as well,just found this out after five and a half years.... Oooops,lastly,Most bridges have speed limits,which are "Hot Spots" for Radar checks,also,some Local bridges have had "Speed Bumps" fitted, THESE bumps WILL rip your suspension off if ignored,they ARE well signed in advance.
We are in in the North,the people are very friendly and helpfull,in most towns/big villages,you can get a three course meal,(Limited choice) from Eur6,a lot of the younger ones speak English,older ones speak French and as a last resort,you can make an awfull lot of new friends by trying to be understood ,useing your hands to explain things .. Magical Portugal,i love it ,cannot go back,they have burnt the bed LOL.
Tea Bag

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Thanks Tea Bag for the useful info. Have just tried to change the number on the website that Matamoros mentioned - no idea if it has worked but I tried! Just going to have to wing it now.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
image.jpg
image.jpg
Still cannot tear ourselves away. We are back in Silves for 2 nights after spending a lovely 5 days at the Barragems. We had a very active time there enjoying the water, the endless off road trails on the bikes and some ridiculously hill runs/staggers! Now treating ourselves to the camper menu at Casa Velha.

@JJ if you have ever wondered what the islands looks like near your secret spot, here it is. Not very exciting but had to done.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
At the Orbitur site in Vila Nova de Gaia, exploring Porto. Leaving Friday for Figueira da Foz, then on down to Cascais.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Viennese.
This "Aire" by the mouth of the river has been changed i believe and you now pay.. However,a few years back it was a trek to get water,so unless someone has been since it was spruced up and can say if there is water now on site,LOAD up before you get there.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Spent 2 days at Mina de Sao Domingos recommended nice walks esp the old mining area, free wifi(y) Yesterday at Monsaraz another nice Aire with great scenery Today at Terrugem. Then onto Barragem de Povoa.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are still down south, wild parking near Carrapteira after spending a wild and stormy night at Cape St Vincent.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hard to say? does it have wooden steps leading to the beach and a surf shop