WHEN & WHERE is YOUR NEXT TRIP? (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi all, just thought I would catch up. Been for a good run and now slowly getting the bus ready for its next trip.

We will be off Skiing to Le Saisies in less than 2 1/2 weeks with ski's and snowboards waxed, Snow chains at the ready, new ski suits for the ever growing kids, new curtains made for the van, my newly made converted back box from a thule bike rack and ordinary back box (pics to follow) fully serviced, new tyres,

Can't wait to get on the road, due to Nikki being a statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care (1 in 10 ub40) we have a little more time on our hands if not funds.

So offski we will be going.

It got me thinking, enough about us,

as the long hard cabin fevererd funster's come to the end of the hardest winter since records began,,,

When's your next trip?

where are you off too this year?

What are you looking forward to?

lets get this chat rolling. :winky:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We had our first weekend of the year away last weekend and went to Searles at Hunstanton, lovely and quiet it was too. So far only weekends away planned and one of them may have to be reorganised due to the killer shrimp, and no I'm not joking there really is one at Grafham Water, sailing club that is not the Caravan site ::bigsmile:. Weymouth, Grafham, Rutland, Derwent Water, North Berwick, Pwllheli, Cardiff, Lymington are just a few of our weekend away places. Havent booked a main holiday away in the motorhome this year but France is a possibility as we enjoyed it so much last year. Next weekend we are gonna try the pub site where Bob & Jane are holding an April Fools Meet as Emz is sailing at Alton Water. Have a fab ski holiday, Graham my husband even mentioned us going next Xmas :whatthe:

Dale

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are booked up for the Newark Show with Fun, the following weekend we will be attending the MHFun April Fools meet at Tattingstone, Suffolk. Then it's off to Devon for 3 - 4 weeks taking in Lyme Regis, Brixham and Dawlish with the MCC.

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Well,we need to do a couple of weekends between now and Mar.18th when we set off for France-west coast,down to Spain-dunno where yet as it'll be our 1st time,but we need to be in Algeciras mid May to join up with Desert Detours Moroccan trip.We should get home around Mid June.Few things to do here,and a trip to Canada for couple of weeks,then a few weekends in UK (hopefully some Meets,but I havn't been told yet lol) Setting off again in Nov. Spain and Portugal seem to be on Carolyn's list -we should get back here in Feb.depending how things go-it's all a moveable feast :ROFLMAO:

Mike.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:ROFLMAO::roflmto: monday ld lines to france and maybe hmmmmm,,st naz,rouon,maybe south,, who cares ,,it only cost me £45.00 return,,the dogs cost more than the m/h £ 60.00 plus vet @35 euo sorr for those who have got to stay in britian and suffer this goverment :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well have been stuck here in the UK for the second winter on the run,what with one thing and another except for a few short trips to northern Europe.
So am definitely away come spring,maybe a trip across Germany to Hamburg followed by a trip up to my friend in Sweden.But as they say plans can change by the minute.
Hope you have a good ski trip Paul.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Were off to Spain on the 14th Feb::bigsmile:, down to La Manga::bigsmile:, then on to Bennicassim::bigsmile:, back on the 23rd May:Sad:, Both CCC rallies and looking forward to meeting old friends down there and having a bit of sun. Pete:thumb::thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
We have been away twice this year already and now thinking of half term either going to Arran or joining up with Lallymac (leanne and Paul) at brighouse bay for a couple of nights.
Then 2nd of April of to Jamaica for couple of weeks before any comments are made we aren't taking the MH.

Anyway hope you have a nice time in France and enjoy the skiing.
Gerry

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Off to Melrose CC site tomorrow for two nights. First trip of the year. Planning a trip to the Netherlands in June and lots of weekends in between now and then. Can't wait to get on the road again.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
next trip

hi there paul ,hpoe you guys are all well,glad u got fixed up ok.our first trip this year is for a weekend at the nec show on the CC temp site.then we are booked into sring fair at newark:thumb: hope you all have a good skiing trip,safe travels.regards brian jo and josh:winky:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
We are off to Paris last weekend in February to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary (schengen visa renewal permitting)

Then to the Newbury show, Carvynick for the RVOC Easter meet

Also have plans for Amsterdam, Lille and Brugge can't wait for the better weather

Enjoy your skiing

Cheers
Gary and Cathy

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Im off to See Penelope Pitstop and gang...I started getting my newly purchased van ready in sept oct I think.....due to set off in november....delay....december..delay....January?? its nearly over.

Anyway I havent wasted my time....I went off in it in all those months albeit in my front garden.

Its alot more difficult going full time than I thought. The dreams still alive..Im just in the winter blues period.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We are off to a valentines meet with the East Essex CCC then the
Newark Show, April fools meet. Easter 10 days over the channel
Probably in Belgium and Germany. That's for starters. I would love
To be able to join you Paul for the skiing but have a good time without us
Anyway:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have a great time away you lot you deserve it.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We are off to the MCC rally at Bath racecourse Feb 11th
Not sure following that but Carmarthan & Newbury shows are on the list and we may even get in a short week with the MCC holiday rally in Brixham, end of April
The old enemies, work and time, seem to get in the way don,t they

But looking forward to Happy Sumer Daze:thumb::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Chrisboyo N Liz

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Coming back to the UK I guess .. Then staying at home for a few weeks afore hitting the road and finishing at Newark :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are quite organized this year.

We are off to Devizes for 4 days end of Feb

Near Santander for 9 days at Easter

Brittany for 7 days in the May /June half term

Costa brava 2 weeks in July/ august

Lots of weekend trips in between I hope.:thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
clumber park caravan club site next weekend fri after work until sunday for some cycling and walking whether permitting
just me and her as emma is away at uni

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
we have just got back from a weekend away with SOC, we are at lincoln park farm Oxfordshire next week , then Wales the following week then SKIING with you ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: cant wait :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
France for May, trying to track down which St Ouen my Mums' family originated from way back in the dark days (there's 19 of them). Before we're thinking of the New Forest somewhere, Dulverton and Morton in the Marsh. Next Friday off to see "the game" in Cardiff sans M/H, can't go too far in Feb too much to do!!
After May? not sure yet don't like to plan too far ahead!

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Valentines we are going away with EEDA were having a Ball, posh frock n all, and thats just Neil.:ROFLMAO:

The next weekend after that we are meeting up with some Funsters near Maidstone for Dingers 50th birthday party, we are having a party at Trextacy concert.

The 4th March we are going down to somewhere near Somerset to meet up with some adventure travellers before they head of for the next few years.

11th March weekend with EEDA 80s extravaganza, more excuses to probably dress up.

1st April Hippy Meet, more excuses to dress up.

21st April 10days away to Belgium and Germany, meet up with friends along the way.
Going to see some truck convertors for the habitation body, and some German owners of trucks so that we can get some ideas.

Lots of fun planned.

Pat

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
we are having a party at T Rextacy concert.

Hi Pat & Neil

We saw T Rextacy at the Americana last year, they were absolutely brilliant.
You are in for a real treat, get ready to Booooooogie.

Brisey

MR2

Free Member
Jul 10, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5+years
Off & Away..

Down to Winchester 0n th10th Feb, staying on a CL, to visit granddaughter for her 3rd birthday!! Then maybe Keswick for a weekend before heading to France at the end of March. As before will be using Aires along Normandy coast ( Le Touquet; Le Crotoy;St. Valery en Caux then across to Atlantic coast ending at Port Louis). Can't wait.
Just partner Margaret and me.:thumb::getmecoat:::bigsmile:riving2:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
we are having a party at T Rextacy concert.

Hi Pat & Neil

We saw T Rextacy at the Americana last year, they were absolutely brilliant.
You are in for a real treat, get ready to Booooooogie.

Brisey

Hi Brisey

I saw them in October already and they were great, he has the facial expression just right, and also looks a little like him.

Pat

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Just Newark sorted at the moment as we are hoping to get some building work done soon. Ripping out the utility room is going to cause chaos. But hoping to get away a bit more this spring.
Have a great time skiing Paul Nikki George and Harley and tellus all about it when you come back.
Lucille

NIGELB

Free Member
Jul 8, 2010
CO DURHAM
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
first trip

our first trip is to rieghton sands 24th april grandkids treat,its not easy to organise as work hinders.would love to go to thetford but we are a homestay for students and there are two many to bring. As we have not been to a fun event yet still just like reading stories but the day will come to meet you.i have been past zahora a couple of years ago and enjoying the read.great stuff.

NIGELB

Free Member
Jul 8, 2010
CO DURHAM
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
great

We are booked up for the Newark Show with Fun, the following weekend we will be attending the MHFun April Fools meet at Tattingstone, Suffolk. Then it's off to Devon for 3 - 4 weeks taking in Lyme Regis, Brixham and Dawlish with the MCC.

Brisey

Hi
We have been away twice this year already and now thinking of half term either going to Arran or joining up with Lallymac (leanne and Paul) at brighouse bay for a couple of nights.
Then 2nd of April of to Jamaica for couple of weeks before any comments are made we aren't taking the MH.

Anyway hope you have a nice time in France and enjoy the skiing.
Gerry
im jealous, most of these places i have been ,i had more time 20 years ago.brighouse bay as soon as i told karen she said she remembered it, very good site.just looked at some old photos of brixham,and babacomb minature village well worth a look i will just keep dreaming .:thumb:

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
we went to brighouse bay over the new year,wife not too keen on unisex toilets/showers.
were booked for moreton in marsh for 1 week, kids half term holls.
newark show.
15 april for 2 weeks off to belgium and black forest(lorelyblick) and poss disney for the kids.
august , we've got the ferry booked,just need to find somewhere in brittany.:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back