When & where are the shows? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We have had 2 years in our old Hymer to see if we like motorhoming and yes we do:thumb::thumb: so now we are thinking of getting a newer van.
There are no big motorhome dealers around us so thought it would probably be best to go to a few shows where hopefully there may be some we can look at.
Can anyone tell me when & when the best shows would be?
Alternativly any ideas on where we could go to look at vans, we live on the Essex/Suffolk border on the coast and could probably fit viewing in with a trip.
It's going to be hard to find a van that has all the benefits of our old hymer so we need to view a few to see which ones tick the boxes.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just google "Motorhome Shows" and you will get plenty of hits.

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/whatson.shtml for example gives an idea of some of the shows, but by no means all of them.

The next show that the "Funsters" will be attending is at Shepton Mallet from the 10th Sept, followed by the Lincoln show at the end of September.:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Depends on your budget ! Keep away from the big boys, your just a notch on their headboard!

Let your fingers do the walking, search the net, have a browse at what I have got to offer as well

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Depends on your budget ! Keep away from the big boys, your just a notch on their headboard!

Let your fingers do the walking, search the net, have a browse at what I have got to offer as well

Peter

Come on Peter, that took 16 minutes. You're slowing down.

Sound advice though.

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi

We bought our M/H from Pullingers in Halstead which isn't a million miles away from you.

They seemed to be one of the good guys and had some nice vehicles at the time of visiting.

Good Hunting :thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Before you change it, remember
Old Hymers never die, they just get more loved

Happy daze
Chrisboyo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
It's going to be hard to find a van that has all the benefits of our old hymer so we need to view a few to see which ones tick the boxes.
Can i ask what these benefits are, just so i can guage if im missing owt with our first van?

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Can i ask what these benefits are, just so i can guage if im missing owt with our first van?
Too many to list but here are a few:
A big dash - handy for maps, tom tom etc.
Light coloured interior - gives feeling of space.
Two dining areas - one makes up into single bed (we tend to leave this as a bed during the day for cat naps:Smile::Smile:)
the other is a double although we don't use either as the drop down bed is so comfy and easy to put away during the day, but it does give two large seats for when we want to relax & watch TV.
Lots of storage space and- and I means lots! has a large wardrobe as well.
Rear shower/washroom that is very roomy and works well.

Everything on it seems so compact and friends are amazed how much room there is as it's not too long a van - 22ft.
Hubby would like a rear garage but these usually have a fixed bed which means loss of space inside and usually the bathroom & wardrobe is in the middle. We are just going to have to look at loads to see if there is one out there we like, not in any hurry as our van is in good nick and (fingers crossed) running well. We are just of to Croatia on 13th Sept.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back