When Is A Campervan A Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Campervan (y)
20150604_192838.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
We have a 1987 Renault traffic. Very small lLuton. Shower and toilet. Double bed cooker etc.. Now we say camper. Ask most people what they call a Renault traffic machzone..............

The will say RUBBISH. Come on trafficowners tell em the truth...

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The difference between a camper van and a motorhome is as follows-

If you have to sit on a portapotti and have a poo with your family watching, it's a camper van!

If you can do the same on a fixed bog in privacy it's a motorhome!:)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
If you have to sit on a portapotti and have a poo with your family watching, it's a camper van!

We have a cassette toilet in the bathroom in our PVC. Still a campervan though.

Campervans are made of metal, motor homes are plastic :reel:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
@mjltigger , think I'll join you in the plastic bashing, should raise a few heads from their slumbers, definitely says motor caravan on the reg doc, but in all honesty, it's a tin tent, with the rising roof being the tent, so it's porta Potti during the night, so we are staying on sites, no hot water heater, other then kettle on hookup or on gas, albeit were coming into warmer times, we have used the eberspacher diesel heater which has been very good. Been talking to a fair few people now, about the various aspects of being MH owners, surprised to find that some MH owners even having far more kit on board then we've got tell me they only use sites, which is fair enough each to what works
image.jpg Photo shows why it's a tin tent, now then just wait for the flack :LOL::whistle::rolleyes:

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
@mjltigger , think I'll join you in the plastic bashing, should raise a few heads from their slumbers, definitely says motor caravan on the reg doc, but in all honesty, it's a tin tent, with the rising roof being the tent, so it's porta Potti during the night, so we are staying on sites, no hot water heater, other then kettle on hookup or on gas, albeit were coming into warmer times, we have used the eberspacher diesel heater which has been very good. Been talking to a fair few people now, about the various aspects of being MH owners, surprised to find that some MH owners even having far more kit on board then we've got tell me they only use sites, which is fair enough each to what works
View attachment 66404 Photo shows why it's a tin tent, now then just wait for the flack :LOL::whistle::rolleyes:

I have had a few plastic ones but now have a tin tent.

Good and not so good points for both but for me personally, solo,the tin tent wins by a mile.

Whatever you drive, enjoy it.

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ours is a MotorHOME as we full time in it.
Now that sums it up quite well, it's a motor and you full timing in it, so yeah it's your home, therefore it's a motorhome, now that I understand, however if you have a mechanical breakdown and are stuck for awhile, does it temporarily become a static caravan :reel::getmecoat::LOL:

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
Normally motor homes don't have 2 loading doors on the back, like a white van man thingy, had both liked both, camper vans are better on narrow lanes and parking, motor homes are better for lounging

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Camping Car in France, Campervan here, or Motorhome, or just "The Van"
Its a bit like " whats the difference between a Boat and a Ship".....

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Normally motor homes don't have 2 loading doors on the back, like a white van man thingy, had both liked both, camper vans are better on narrow lanes and parking, motor homes are better for lounging
I've been in some motorhomes where you can't lounge. At all. It's like sitting in a train carriage with a table in the middle. Ralphs made sure we've built our PVC so we can lounge. It's got a proper U shape lounge. So we can both lay out and chill.
image.jpg

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/page-23
Pug does have white van man doors , see above, but you can't get in or out of them. They just are opened to get to the cadac, chairs, outside mat. There's cupboards above , so the openings only the width of the windows.
We used to call our old Motorhome a camper van though, when phoning pubs to book a table and see if we could overnight in the carpark !

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Lovely upholstery.
Thank you.
Upholstery fabric is a velvet multi stripe from Next. Leather hides from Regal upholstery where we got the work done. (y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
:laughing:
Very posh. I see I shall have to touch me forelock if meet you out anywhere!
:Smile:
:laughing: When you tell people your doing your own PVC , I think people expect an old Rusty shed on wheels with 2nd hand caravan furniture nailed in the back.
But not all are like that.
Though even if they are , they still enable the owner to enjoy the hobby we all enjoy.
Ralph's done a cracking job with the joinery. All built from flat sheets of board. I'm very proud of him. See the link.

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
I've been in some motorhomes where you can't lounge. At all. It's like sitting in a train carriage with a table in the middle. Ralphs made sure we've built our PVC so we can lounge. It's got a proper U shape lounge. So we can both lay out and chill.
View attachment 66420
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/page-23
Pug does have white van man doors , see above, but you can't get in or out of them. They just are opened to get to the cadac, chairs, outside mat. There's cupboards above , so the openings only the width of the windows.
We used to call our old Motorhome a camper van though, when phoning pubs to book a table and see if we could overnight in the carpark !

That looks nice and comfy, better than my old Toyota Hi-ace PVC

jaycee

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Dorsetshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Must be camper van cos I down sized mh to pvc a year ago guess what no one waves to us anymore

Jkarchibald

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
Diss, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amundsen 540D
Exp
Size matters...

Campervans are shorter (say 5.4m or less) and a motorhome is typically longer...

Mine is 5.4m long so definitely a Campervan.

(better stop this idea, I can see problem comments ahead).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back