When asking for advice....it may help (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
This is just a suggestion not a criticism it may even help members answer your question correctly.

I direct this to all members, myself included, as I have asked for help many times on this Forum and I have received good sound advice back
When asking for advice from members....and I must say this Forum has a vast amount of knowledge, gained from years of experience....members who gladly help others and do.

It would help if you,
1/ You put a picture of the Motorhome in question,
2/ The year of manufacture of the motorhome,
3/ A picture of the part or parts that are broken or you are having trouble with,
4/ Information ....even a little information can be a big help to people helping you, meaning if it is a water tap or shower tap....what system are you running on the motorhome e.g, if a water system what type of pump,submersible, pressure,etc

It is just a thought......

And maybe a member may have a part in garage left over from one of his previous vans and would gladly pass it on :thumb: I know I would,

It may save a member time thinking he is helping you on a Motorhome that was manufactured in the last 5 years.....when he should be answering the question on a Motorhome manufactured 20 years old......

Motorhomes do not change a lot, but the electrical and mechanical parts do..

It may save giving the wrong answer to the Question being asked

Don't forget motorhomes never die,they are looked after ready for when you pass it on to the next person...we are just keepers not owners of the van.........A Motorhome matures and goes on and on, and are treasured and become classic's . .....in many cases made out of better materials than many of the new motorhomes coming off the assembly line today.

What do other member's think...or any suggestion's to add to the 4 above

Mel :thumb:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
And a simple thank you, for trying to help, when the problem is resolved.

It really p*ss me off when 3 pages of ideas, simply seem to drop down a dark hole. :whatthe:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I agree Mike

It really p*ss me off when 3 pages of ideas, simply seem to drop down a dark hole. :whatthe:

I, am one of those that not only welcome's new members but try and help when they havea question. A lot do acknowledge that help, but again as you say it just drops down a dark hole... Leaves you wondering if your suggestions were applied and did they help or work!

I agree some better wording of request would be good. I have also noted the SOS messages seem to be from new members who ask a question and then you do not hear from them again, which is a shame... Even years on and having own motor homes and RV for over 25 years now,I still now and then have a question... A few thank you ...Hit the button... Is all it takes...

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I do agree SuperMike, a thank you from the person asking the question does help, it shows his appreciation for the help given no matter how little,:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back