Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As you say not many about

As you say not many about.... the price seems very reasonable as well... the lift being under the chassis is a big bonus..saves a lot of room in side.

thanks for posting the details

Bob

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I saw this on ebay thats all I know about it but they are rare

Link Removed

My wife's in a wheelchair, I wanted to buy something similar but couldn't - she didn't like the 'patio doors' !

We finally chose a MH when she found one with 'nice upholstery' - still if she's happy, Im happy - that's what she tells me....

Why can't (European) manufacturers make their hab doors just a bit wider? - you can't find a door for a house 20" wide!

Just bought a small transit chair for her - hope it works
Vic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
American RV's have wider doors

My wife's in a wheelchair, I wanted to buy something similar but couldn't - she didn't like the 'patio doors' !

We finally chose a MH when she found one with 'nice upholstery' - still if she's happy, Im happy - that's what she tells me....

Why can't (European) manufacturers make their hab doors just a bit wider? - you can't find a door for a house 20" wide!

Just bought a small transit chair for her - hope it works
Vic

As you say Vic european doorways are so small... if you look at an American motor home the door ways are much much wider...as standard:thumb:

Bob

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thats a nice bit of kit, its a shame it has to be so rare

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
There are a lot of wheelchair users

There are a lot of wheelchair users out there. A lot would happily motor home if there was suitable motor homes available.

I my involvement in social housing we are aware just how many wheelchair users we have, yet despite making representation over and over we do not make new builds to handle the issue.. we would rather adapt (cost more in the longer term).

If I recall Bennimar the Spanish caravan maker did some good conversions for wheelchair users. But in the UK we do not think that there is a market out there waiting to be tapped.

If anyone has been to the disability road show, it is clear there is a massive after market for the disabled persons needs.. but other than paying for a bespoke motor home or paying silly money for it to have a bigger door there is little on the market.

Not all RV's have wide doors inside them.. that is the first thing I checked on my RV (Which is for sale) it has a 30" wide bathroom door and yes I can use a wheelchair in side the RV... the main doorways is wide enough for my ample size... have thought about having a Pathfinder people lifter fitted. But it is my power chair / scooters that are the issue and I have now had to go down the Toy Hauler route.

But I would be nice to see a UK company think about offering a wider door or some adaptions if required at build stage.

I am sure they are missing a market slot.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have discovered this year the power of the letter W Bob
Wedding or Wheelchair doubles the price:Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
tell me about it Geo

I have discovered this year the power of the letter W Bob
Wedding or Wheelchair doubles the price:Doh:

Yes tell me about it Geo.. My son has after 10 years and two children decided he is getting married... on a Thursday.. oh joy... 2nd August... as for the other W .. as in [STRIKE]Winnebago[/STRIKE] wheelchair.. they are expensive as well if not supplied by the NHS ... scooters are silly money for what they are.

As you say.. bought to you by the power of W:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back