wheel nuts and studs?????

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by PaulJaq, Sep 30, 2013.

1. PaulJaq

PaulJaq Read Only Funster

Following two seperate punctures:Sad:, on our 5th wheeler keystone cougar 276fs 2007 with alto axles 6 stud, we have one sheared stud and two kn\8ckered wheel nuts!:cry: Has anyone any idea where \i can get new studs and nuts?? I'd like to free off the other 12 studs / nuts on the other two wheels but daren't until I have some spares. I can take the drum off and knock out the stud and press in a new one. once all clean off, loads of copperslip and we are sorted:thumb:

Cheers Paul

2. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

I recently bought some from Demon Tweeks Motorsport- you need to know the thread size though..........

I would suggest, being American, your studs will be a UNF thread. You can guage the size by measuring the diameter of the stud in inches, eg, 3/8 or 7/16, etc.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/wheel-tyre-accessories

Hope this helps!:thumb:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if the UK importer also does servicing give them a ring.

otherwise i would be looking at importing some from the land of the free....Americee.

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

dont want to sound condescending, however dont buy cheap replacements and look at the remaining studs carefully if they have been siezed. my preference is to change them all if theyve been overtightened especially if you needed a long bar or did damage releasing stuck bolts

cant ever be too safe. will also allow you to change to a more easily available thread if needed:thumb: