Wheel clamps. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Going to buy a good quality wheel clamp for my next van..
From my searching this looks like a decent clamp ..

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Bulldog_Centaur.html

would welcome comments on this make of clamp, suggestions for alternatives and general advice about clamps.. .not concerned about the cost.. just want the best available clamp that is insurance approved.
This is not in place of an alarm or other security door locks and devices.. just another deterrent.. a determined thief can no doubt remove.. but my thinking it will deter the opportunist thief.

Mainly to use at home, but will also probably use on sites and aires when we leave the van unattended

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have you considered this option Jim....costs nowt but time.

C_71_article_1598448_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
What about a steering wheel look by Disk Lock.got one on mine.& I believe it's type approved

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have a Bulldog Centaur CA2000C clamp as it's the best with Sold Secure Gold rating that we could find & very happy with using it when storing the motorhome - great design & fits well. It is big & heavy so use a Clutch Claw when out & about (y)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We have a bulldog clamp. First two years in the van we carted it everywhere and used it. But bulky, heavy and got in the way when travelling. Now only use when parked on the drive at home.

Keith :cool:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
We have a Bulldog clamp but only use it when Motorhome is in storage, as Pikeman says its a bit bulky and heavy to be carrying around.
Just remember no matter what you fit anyone with a portable handgrinder will have it off in under 5 minutes.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi @Gellyneck

no, not yet, been too busy spending money on other stuff and 'essential' toys ..

since I posted, I bought the Hymer which has a VanBitz Strikeback and extra door security.. so may not bother now..
not saying that replaces a wheel clamp, but they are big and heavy to carry around and where we live is very low risk ..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks Jim
We've got alarm \ tracker fitted also.
Would only be using it whilst in storage and leaving it at "home" whilst travelling (almost exclusively sites).
Thinking along the lines of visual deterrent and "every little helps" philosophy!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The weak point of all clamps is the lock

Find out what sort of lock it has and then do a search on YouTube to find out how easy it is to open

You will be surprised how easy some locks can be defeated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back