Wheel chocks and those yellow levelling things. (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi everyone. Another question.
Not happy about my ability (or non-ability) to use the yellow levelling things--can I live without them?
Also, as my car is going to be stored in friend's barn for about 3 months, SIL has said to park it with handbrake off --fair enough. If I am parking the m/home up at The Chicken Run for a couple of months, should I do the same? Leave handbrake off, (in gear?) and use wheel chocks? If so, any particular sort ?

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
My drive is about a 20+ degree slope so I have no choice but to leave the handbrake on, I don't think I would risk chocks on a 3.5 ton vehicle with that slope unless anyone has any ideas as to an alternative. Helpful suggestions would be appreciated (and no, moving house is not an option!)
Bury an eyelet ring / ground anchor in the ground with concrete and attach a small tow strap / ratchet strap to it and leave it with chocks helping and handbrake off, safe as houses if you buried the ring properly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
My handk advises me to leave the doblo in gear an handbrake off if parked up for long periods, also advises to disconnect the battery, but will be putting a mini solar on the vehicle battery while it is left. fortunately storage is flat.

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
I hate levelling ramps, I always find a bit of a slope when possible and park with the nose up the slope. I have a spirit level on the dash.

My spirit level...

1566745413456.png

I don't give a s*** about facing the same way as everybody else much to the annoyance of some on the French aires. Works well.

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I got told I had to park nose in on the campsite I'm currently at because it's a European model with hab door on the right. First time they've been officious about it too, normally no one gives a monkeys

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back