Wheel bearing change in Spain?? (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We will be in the Estepona/Gibralter area for the whole of May and need to get the wheel bearings drive shaft gaiters done on the van. Does anyone know at a good machanic or garage that they can recommend please?

It's not desperate and may even wait until we are back in the UK and visit @dave newell lvs but as we have time to kill I thought I would see if there was anyone in that area that we could trust.

Dave - if you have a minute, could you let me know a rough estimate for that work please - it's on a 2005 Fiat Ducato 2.8jtd. We have some other work we want you to do on the rear suspension as well but I will send you an email about that.
Ta
Sandra and Colin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
R u on "the facebook" ??
I often find some of the local groups and buy/sell sites can get you a lot of information..
Sure someone will recommend the best garages to use...

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
R u on "the facebook" ??
I often find some of the local groups and buy/sell sites can get you a lot of information..
Sure someone will recommend the best garages to use...
Yes I am, will give that a try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If the cv gaiters are gone then if you left them until you returned to the UK then I would expect both CV joints would need replacing due to ingress of road debris, water ,etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If the cv gaiters are gone then if you left them until you returned to the UK then I would expect both CV joints would need replacing due to ingress of road debris, water ,etc.
Nah, one of the gaiters has a tiny weep, which Colin will try and seal, they have not gone completely. He is suspicious of one of the wheel bearings and figures if ones going the other one might be and may as well re-new the gaiters at the same time.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Nah, one of the gaiters has a tiny weep, which Colin will try and seal, they have not gone completely. He is suspicious of one of the wheel bearings and figures if ones going the other one might be and may as well re-new the gaiters at the same time.
Clean it up, piece of inner tube & superglue. Works a treat (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back