What's your recommendations....? (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
just got my head out of the 'scroungers' thread, my head hurts also - but - I did promise my Son I would try a poll on his behalf.

Recently he hummed and aghrrd over a second hand Autotrail Arapahoe and missed it, :Sad: so I spent the weekend trailing around the used motorhome sales in Somerset........ a very long story but he (we) are more confused now than ever with EVERY sales guy telling us 'the van in front of you is the best for your money'..............

So, which motorhome would YOU recommend he (we) look at, please put yourself in his boots with your experience and good judgement applied, what have you got and why etc. He loves our old Kon-Tiki (space and interior layout mainly) but wants a more recent MH.

He has a maximum of £27k (to include first years costs), wants 6 berth, rear U lounge, centre/forward dining with kitchen, not a huge payload required, reliable, dry, drives well (doesn't want a 50mph'er), spares availability/backup, reasonable insurance, not over 26 ft, not fixed bed and one comfortable to tour UK only............. I said I'd ask.:roflmto:

Any and all constructive pointers will be appreciated, including 'arguments' for and against will be gratefully received. Once he gets a shortlist then the search will start again, this time a little more targeted.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Dethleffs Globebus - 6 berth, rear lounge, 21ft long A class. Not big, but plenty of space, well set out and should do a comfortable UK tour yet still get into supermarket carparks. Have seen from 19/22k

Seems to fit the bill fairly well!

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Sale men will tell you anything to get there sticky hands on your money just keep looking round there's one out there with your name on it best of luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
How about an Autotrail Scout?

It is 6 berth at a push but only 4 belted seats.

Edit - ours has got 6 belted seats but that was an extra.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back