East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I love cheese,but whenever I go to buy some in France I always seem to go
for the same ones.Im always faced with a huge choice on the cheese counter
and would like to hear from others as to what is a good cheese to try for a change

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Church mice.jpg

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
image.jpeg
We watched the locals buying cheese from the big supermarkets and saw them buy this one, so we bought it and loved it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I love cheese,but whenever I go to buy some in France I always seem to go
for the same ones.

:sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker:
Nothing wrong with a nice chunk of white as white LANCASHIRE! (y)(y) Proper cheese, not like that runny French muck. And what better to go with it then a nice new Warburtons Loaf. You know, this country came tops in the cheesemakers guide to better fromage for the last five years on the trot.(y)
And what better place to enjoy your cheese then Skegness?? :)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Don't go for "under plastic" ones . Go to a big supermarket and ask for "un petit échantillon de goûts, S'il vous plait!" (write it down if necessary). Buy a nice crunchy baguette, and have an only cheese meal... with a local red wine (as I always say to my English visitors: the top of the bottle must have the word "récoltant" on it, not numbers.)...Enjoy!

Fromagement

Frankie:):)

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
:sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker:
Nothing wrong with a nice chunk of white as white LANCASHIRE! (y)(y) Proper cheese, not like that runny French muck. And what better to go with it then a nice new Warburtons Loaf. You know, this country came tops in the cheesemakers guide to better fromage for the last five years on the trot.(y)
And what better place to enjoy your cheese then Skegness?? :)

Did look for Lancashire cheese in L`eclerc but couldnt find any!:LOL:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Don't go for "under plastic" ones . Go to a big supermarket and ask for "un petit échantillon de goûts, S'il vous plait!" (write it down if necessary). Buy a nice crunchy baguette, and have an only cheese meal... with a local red wine (as I always say to my English visitors: the top of the bottle must have the word "récoltant" on it, not numbers.)...Enjoy!

Fromagement

Frankie:):)
What does it mean if it has numbers or recoltant on it (for fun just had to mention that word came up on aitocorrect as revolting lol)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Love Cheddar, Cheshire is a favourite too. Can't eat soft cheese as it upsets my stomach. And as for anything goat....yeuk yeuk and yeuk again.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Wensleydale..... if it was good enough for Wallace and grommit to take to the moon it has got to be good (y):)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
"un petit échantillon de goûts, S'il vous plait!"
DONT FALL FOR THAT!! :Eeek::Eeek: It translates to 'Your FILTHY Cannonball cheese smells like your wife's (husbands) bottom, if you please'
You should simplly walk into your favorite French purvryor of curdled milk products and say.............

"Donnez-moi votre argent maintenant , ou je vais violer vos magasins chat" You will get instant and courteous attention. (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
RĂ©coltant means "picker" . Having this on top means there is no one between the picker and the shop selling his wine, no one making money that you are going to pay each time you buy a bottle. So good wine for a better price;
Numbers.... you don't know how many people were involved from the moment the picker sold his bottled wine, to the moment you'll buy the bottle. It doesn't mean the wine is not good, just that you are paying a lot more for it. Quality doesn't need to be pricey!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
DONT FALL FOR THAT!! :Eeek::Eeek: It translates to 'Your FILTHY Cannonball cheese smells like your wife's (husbands) bottom, if you please'
You should simplly walk into your favorite French purvryor of curdled milk products and say.............

"Donnez-moi votre argent maintenant , ou je vais violer vos magasins chat" You will get instant and courteous attention. (y)

Toots ...You are very childish at times...Missus Tootles should send you to the naughty corner now and then! VIOLER ... ??? "I" and only "I" know what you meant, but had you say this in a supermarket... you would have no more balls I'm telling you. (you need to drop a letter!!)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Struggle to get them in France though,:):)
Take some with you! It travels really well, unlike that slop you can buy there. I mean, a nice piece of Cheddar will emerge from your receptacle, or even your trouser pocket, a tad sweaty, but still in one lump. Cannonball however, well, to transport it means poring it into an old wellie, which may in fact improve it's flavour. (y)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
In a French market find the person selling their home produced goats cheese. Never buy the stuff in a supermarket reputed to be goats cheese!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Toots ...You are very childish at times.
Thank you. Sorry about that, I thought I was on Motorhome *FUN* :(

Missus Tootles should send you to the naughty corner now and then! VIOLER
She cant at the moment, she's eating a nice bit of LANCASHIRE on a Jacobs Cracker.......you know, one of those things you CANT BUY in France, along with pies, decent bacon, Walls Sausage, and real cheese.......(y)
"I" and only "I" know what you meant, but had you said this in a supermarket... you would have no more balls I'm telling you.
Having witnessed many times the 'balls' of the average French Soldier, I can tell you that mine would still be intact. (y) The supermarket staff would (probably) be following the average French practice of running away. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back