Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
<<----------------------- Could afford one at 10 times the price but it would still have beds, cooker, shower, sofas, blinds, lights, batteries, solar-panels, wheels & an engine - but, it would come with huge bills for replacement parts, all sorts of electronic handicaps, acres of ripply fibre-glass, & no benefits above what Delyth has to offer.

Hence 'dream' motorhome, not 'nightmare' :)

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
The one I've just bought :)

Been dreaming of owning a Motorhome for years now. Can't wait to start travelling in her for leisure.

Thanks Antony

Have you been out at all yet? We started by visiting local-ish places to begin with and had loads of fun. We also found that there are some really narrow roads south of Canterbury! We use ours to visit local parks and coastal towns etc., just so we can sit somewhere comfy and make a drink (and have a pee!) when we feel like it :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
<<----------------------- Could afford one at 10 times the price but it would still have beds, cooker, shower, sofas, blinds, lights, batteries, solar-panels, wheels & an engine - but, it would come with huge bills for replacement parts, all sorts of electronic handicaps, acres of ripply fibre-glass, & no benefits above what Delyth has to offer.

Exactly ! + the wife said that wea arenot having anything that requires computers to work on any more.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have you been out at all yet? We started by visiting local-ish places to begin with and had loads of fun. We also found that there are some really narrow roads south of Canterbury! We use ours to visit local parks and coastal towns etc., just so we can sit somewhere comfy and make a drink (and have a pee!) when we feel like it :)

Not yet :( Only the 1,000 mile journey home and shortly the trip to the MOT centre. Then is applying for the IVA :rolleyes:, get tested and then apply for the registration :confused: so might be a while yet.

Thanks Antony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Not yet :( Only the 1,000 mile journey home and shortly the trip to the MOT centre. Then is applying for the IVA :rolleyes:, get tested and then apply for the registration :confused: so might be a while yet.

Thanks Antony

1,000 mile journey home?? Well, you've probably got a feel for how it drives then.

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yes there are not many to look at in the UK, this helped me decide, same colour and same leather interior too, just one or two minor improvements to this one to bring it up to the 2015 model.

Just watched that. Wow! Have to say that I want one! Lovely van!

Wobby

Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
Started with a new Carthago chi i57, up sized to the Carthago Opus, that was a lovely van. Now we have a Hymer Exsis and for touring its definitely the best but for full timing the Opus was brilliant.

Wobby

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back