Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Well I'm lucky enough to have just purchased my dream Motor Home and I picked it up on Friday from VanBitz following having a few extras fitted.

I went to the NEC having made up my mind on the Carthago Chic e-line L 51 Linerclass model.

We had all but struck a deal when I said to Jackie that I wanted to look once more at the Frankia that had impressed me so much three years earlier.

I didn't get any further, we decided then and there this was the one we have been promising ourselves. The Frankia Platin Plus with twin singles.

The 2014 Luxury Motor-home of the year, not everybody's cup of tea but we just love it to death........Griff

Ooh, you lucky bugger! The Platin Plus looks lovely. Mercedes engine? Did you get the big one or the even bigger one?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I like the MH we have now. Might go for a Chausson 610 at some point but no hurry as we are happy with what we have.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Not pretty?? It's magnificent!

Thank you, what I meant to say is the shape of the front of the Carthago and one or two of the Rapido range and Burstner are a little more good looking.

It also seems littered with hatches, Twelve in all but of course they are all very necessary.

006_640_473.JPG

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Mmmmm
Thank you, what I meant to say is the shape of the front of the Carthago and one or two of the Rapido range and Burstner are a little more good looking.

It also seems littered with hatches, Twelve in all but of course they are all very necessary.

View attachment 58509

Mmmmmm! S'lovely :)
Funnily enough, I've only just realised that I'm not particularly worried about what the outside of my dream motorhome looks like. It's something I haven't given much thought to. How strange. Must be my mechanical/engineering background; giving more thought to how well something works, rather than how it looks.
Anyway, it's a splendid beast. Enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Looks lovely and not all white so no black streaks. I've found that with the paint job on mine, a piece of cake to keep clean.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Lovely. I take it the quality is all they say it is?
So far, so good. Everything seems top notch.
Just need to be able to get away for a decent trip now to give it a proper shake down.
Hopefully that will be in a week or two.

Richard.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp

View attachment 58509
Lovely looking bit of kit that. Should have no trouble spotting that at port silent.

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I had Moto-Trek quote me a price for my ideal motorhome. Their maximum sized MH with slides but at the rear it would have a full height garage with reinforced floor and partition to the bedroom area, a small hatch through, and a custom made split ramp as per their Equi-Trek. Then I could use the space either as a garage, to carry a small moped/motorbike or to take my horse around with me. Price was only slightly more than their standard price, I was impressed.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Lovely looking bit of kit that. Should have no trouble spotting that at port solent.

Sadly this won't fit on the drive at Port Solent as you can see the old one was hanging over the pavement part of the brick paviours, the new one is just over 1 metre longer which is why it lives with us in the New Forest.

Even then I had to cut down a small tree to get the Platin in where the Geist used to sit.

Geist LH.jpg

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Sadly this won't fit on the drive at Port Solent as you can see the old one was hanging over the pavement part of the brick paviours, the new one is just over 1 metre longer which is why it lives with us in the New Forest.

Even then I had to cut down a small tree to get the Platin in where the Geist used to sit.

View attachment 58531
On a good note you could clean the roof from the bedroom window.(y)

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
So - would we actually want or need to buy a motorhome?

We'd definitely buy a nice new van for our huge tour of the UK. We could do it in the ol' bus but it's not much fun without mains electricity when the weather's cold, and a bit more power wouldn't hurt, and a comfier bed... you get the idea :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I really fancy one of those motorhomes where the built in 'driving instructor' I have now, (" WATCH THAT CAR..........BRAKE!.......I'm SURE it was a left turn....."), does the driving, wearing a gag. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
the built in 'driving instructor' I have now, (" WATCH THAT CAR..........BRAKE!.......I'm SURE it was a left turn....."), does the driving, wearing a gag. :)

Oh Toots, ain't dat de troof mon, all the way back from Taunton she of course is now sat in the suicide seat because we decided to go for a left hooker as most of the miles we'll do will be on the near continent.

So I get "pull over a bit, you're awfully close to the white line, pull over" again and again every 15-20 seconds all the bleedin' way home.

Now I have to admit I thought long and hard about RHD vs LHD but I never once took into account the constant bleeding from the ears.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Oh Toots, ain't dat de troof mon, all the way back from Taunton she of course is now sat in the suicide seat because we decided to go for a left hooker as most of the miles we'll do will be on the near continent.

So I get "pull over a bit, you're awfully close to the white line, pull over" again and again every 15-20 seconds all the bleedin' way home.

Now I have to admit I thought long and hard about RHD vs LHD but I never once took into account the constant bleeding from the ears.
You know, some people are born with a permanent anvil strapped to their backs for life, whilst others only have to marry to achieve the same ends.......:cry::cry::cry:

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years

The suicide seat can be a terrifying position in which to travel. I've been in both suicide and drivers seat.

Strap her into one of the other travelling seats on the left hand side of the vehicle.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The suicide seat can be a terrifying position in which to travel. I've been in both suicide and drivers seat.

Strap her into one of the other traveling seats on the left hand side of the vehicle.

Do I have your blessing to Gag her too, seriously that's not a bad idea except she would probably guess that I'm too close to the centre line or something similar.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Love my Frankia,especially the big garage with the tailgate.My dream motorhome is the Concorde Charisma 850 though.

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Do I have your blessing to Gag her too, seriously that's not a bad idea except she would probably guess that I'm too close to the centre line or something similar.

Gag no use in that situation, blindfold would be best.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Love my Frankia,especially the big garage with the tailgate.

Everything we looked at had to have a garage big enough for the rather heavy Piaggio MP3, this one made it even easier because of the tailgate or boot-lid.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> What's your dream motorhome?

The Tardis - obviously.

Infinite space inside, park it anywhere.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
<<----------------------- Could afford one at 10 times the price but it would still have beds, cooker, shower, sofas, blinds, lights, batteries, solar-panels, wheels & an engine - but, it would come with huge bills for replacement parts, all sorts of electronic handicaps, acres of ripply fibre-glass, & no benefits above what Delyth has to offer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back